The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It depends on what you think and feel to be honest. Like the thread title,'Can muslims date?', that is entirely up to you and how you feel. As muslims in these days and this generation, tend to date around and drink. I'm a muslim and I date a wh*te boy, but thats because thats what i choose to do. If you want to marry, and meet the guy, getting to know them, i understand it should be allowed. But speak to your parents and see what they think of your opinion and thoughts are.
Reply 2
Bad idea to ask here...
Original post by Anonymous
I really want to marry but how am I supposed to get to know a guy if someone is always there with us?

If I dated someone it wouldn't be a physical relationship, we'd just be going out getting to know other. Is that allowed? Or does someone have to be there with us?

Why don't you ask your god?
Reply 4
Original post by RogerOxon

Because "talking to god" is being religious but hearing him to talk back is called insanity :biggrin:
Hello !
As long as you're staying within "limits" and staying, there's nothing wrong with dating a guy, alone.
Just make sure both your intentions are clear, and avoid 'risky' situations. You first need to know what kind of guy he is, and what he's looking for ! Don't rush into marriage until you created a strong emotional bond between you two.

I have a muslim background btw, although I don't believe anymore, but if I was still in belief, I would have dated without a 3rd person. Preferabily in public places, outdoor, and with limited physical contact

Take care !
Reply 6
Original post by RBalboa
It depends on what you think and feel to be honest. Like the thread title,'Can muslims date?', that is entirely up to you and how you feel. As muslims in these days and this generation, tend to date around and drink. I'm a muslim and I date a wh*te boy, but thats because thats what i choose to do. If you want to marry, and meet the guy, getting to know them, i understand it should be allowed. But speak to your parents and see what they think of your opinion and thoughts are.

She means, "is it allowed in Islam", and the answer is a straight no.
There's no grey area here, it's a straight no.

You can call yourself a Muslim, and I do worse things and I still call myself a Muslim, but the answer is no. For her to follow the religion correctly, she's not allowed. We don't follow our religion correctly.
Reply 7
This whole topic is full of haram..

Original post by BFG9000
Because "talking to god" is being religious but hearing him to talk back is called insanity :biggrin:

Well, if their god cannot answer a simple question, they're not a lot of use, IMO.

OP: Religion is not based on evidence, it's based on people's feelings. Do what you're happy with, not what self-important 'scholars' tell you that you should do.
Reply 9
I’d recommmend you watch this video to get a better understanding.
[video="youtube;-qzWBarDg1s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qzWBarDg1s[/video]
No but I’m sure you’re allowed some time alone but it has to be in PUBLIC! (Correct me if I’m wrong, don’t scream)
I'm sure your father can introduce you to one of his 60 year old colleagues
Original post by h333
I’d recommmend you watch this video to get a better understanding.
[video="youtube;-qzWBarDg1s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qzWBarDg1s[/video]

Understanding of what exactly? One person's opinion.
Oh my. OP, if you want just do it.
Reply 14
Understanding of what exactly? One person's opinion.

Please stop trying to bully others in to believing what you do. All these threats of eternal torture are plain nasty.

The OP asked a question which involves Islam so I’m trying to help them by showing her a video which explains the issue according to Islam. Stop being non constructive to OP please.
(edited 5 years ago)
Well, if their god cannot answer a simple question, they're not a lot of use, IMO.

OP: Religion is not based on evidence, it's based on people's feelings. Do what you're happy with, not what self-important 'scholars' tell you that you should do.

I meant hearing voices... :biggrin:
Original post by BFG9000
I meant hearing voices... :biggrin:

IK, but if they cannot communicate with their followers, they're not what they're claimed to be.
It’s perfectly fine and OK to date in this country, OP. You’re right, it’s silly to commit to someone in marriage when you have no idea what it’s like to really spend extended periods of time alone with them. You also need to know whether you’re sexually compatible, so yes, go ahead and date.
Original post by h333
The OP asked a question which involves Islam so I’m trying to help them by showing her a video which explains the issue according to Islam. Stop being non constructive to OP please.

As you are well aware, there are many interpretations of Islam.
Reply 19
As you are well aware, there are many interpretations of Islam.

First of all you made no sense when you said I’m trying to bully others when clearly I was trying to help OP with her question and nothing else. Secondly show me the different interpretations in Islam regarding this matter?
(edited 5 years ago)

Latest