The Student Room Group

Student Finance Entitlement.

Hi there!

I'm an independent student who is estranged from their parents and for my third and final year I have been given the lowest amount of student finance. I provided evidence in my first year and was told this would be enough to cover my time at university and every other year I have been given the max maintenence loan with no hassle whatsoever and it just rolled over seemlessly until this year.

I am no longer in contact with the individual who provided support for me as they were the headmaster of my college at the time and nobody else of 'good standing' knows of my problems as I thought I was done explaining myself.

I called up student finance and a customer service rep said I can A) send a signed and dated letter from MYSELF confirming the ongoing estrangement or B) get someone of good standing to do it for me. I sent in one myself many weeks ago and received a text saying that you have received my evidence and that this will be processed.

For only about a day or two last week my student finance page online allowed me to print off an estrangement declaration before reverting back to it's normal green status.

I guess what I'm saying is that, this year the service has been incredibly confusing. I am being told one thing by your representatives and I am well in to my next semester and haven't received the rest of the money that I am usually entitled to. I was replying on using this money to pay off summer rent arrears and I had to stay at university as I have nowhere to go. I would like a quick solution to this if you could provide any help please.

Kind regards, Dan.
Original post by jamesd16
Hi there!

I'm an independent student who is estranged from their parents and for my third and final year I have been given the lowest amount of student finance. I provided evidence in my first year and was told this would be enough to cover my time at university and every other year I have been given the max maintenence loan with no hassle whatsoever and it just rolled over seemlessly until this year.

I am no longer in contact with the individual who provided support for me as they were the headmaster of my college at the time and nobody else of 'good standing' knows of my problems as I thought I was done explaining myself.

I called up student finance and a customer service rep said I can A) send a signed and dated letter from MYSELF confirming the ongoing estrangement or B) get someone of good standing to do it for me. I sent in one myself many weeks ago and received a text saying that you have received my evidence and that this will be processed.

For only about a day or two last week my student finance page online allowed me to print off an estrangement declaration before reverting back to it's normal green status.

I guess what I'm saying is that, this year the service has been incredibly confusing. I am being told one thing by your representatives and I am well in to my next semester and haven't received the rest of the money that I am usually entitled to. I was replying on using this money to pay off summer rent arrears and I had to stay at university as I have nowhere to go. I would like a quick solution to this if you could provide any help please.

Kind regards, Dan.

Hi Dan,

i'm sorry to hear that this has happened to you when applying this year. I'd recommend sending us a private/direct message via either Facebook or Twitter. This will allow us to gain access to your account and look in to this further for you.

Thanks, Duncan.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending