The Student Room Group

a level or as level 1st and uni??

im 18 (birthday in july) and last year i wrote just 1 as level which was in Business and got a D. I was meant to also write maths but found it too hard:/ I for whatever reason wasnt trying much last year but this year im doing alot more work and ill be writing A level Business studies and i want to also write Economics A level and my dad is forcing me to write A level accounting. I was wandering is it possible and do i go straight to writing the A level in Economics and Accounting? Or do i take another year and write the AS levels next summer and only then the A levels the following summer. The main reason i want to try get all A levels done this year is because my parents want me to go to uni and id feel slightly insecure going at age 20 haha. Is it worth it going to uni? Because there is so much pressure to get into Uni i just hope ill forever be thankful if i get in and not regret taking it and then dropping out. Any help would be much appreciated coz im kinda stuck with what to do rn :smile:
Original post by ai caramba
im 18 (birthday in july) and last year i wrote just 1 as level which was in Business and got a D. I was meant to also write maths but found it too hard:/ I for whatever reason wasnt trying much last year but this year im doing alot more work and ill be writing A level Business studies and i want to also write Economics A level and my dad is forcing me to write A level accounting. I was wandering is it possible and do i go straight to writing the A level in Economics and Accounting? Or do i take another year and write the AS levels next summer and only then the A levels the following summer. The main reason i want to try get all A levels done this year is because my parents want me to go to uni and id feel slightly insecure going at age 20 haha. Is it worth it going to uni? Because there is so much pressure to get into Uni i just hope ill forever be thankful if i get in and not regret taking it and then dropping out. Any help would be much appreciated coz im kinda stuck with what to do rn :smile:

It all depends and I think you should be realistic.

Evidence.
Last year you did 1 x AS and got a D and you were a lazy student.
You couldnt cope with maths.

This year you will be doing A2 Business, plus Economics and Accouts AS and A2, .

So you need to think if you did 1 x AS and got a D v Doing 3x as much work doing A2 business and AS for Accounts and Economics or V doing 5 X as much work with A2 business and AS+A2 for economics and business is a viable option?

Depends how clever you are and how hard you work. You are already two months in.
Do you care what grades you get or whether you go to a good uni or not?

Ps nobody will know or care or be able to tell you are 20.

I am not getting the impression you are a spectacularly talented or hard-working student, which would lead me to believe you will flunk trying to do 2x full A levels and an AS in one year. It would be wiser to do two. Follow the plan that gives you the most chance of success.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
It all depends and I think you should be realistic.

Evidence.
Last year you did 1 x AS and got a D and you were a lazy student.
You couldnt cope with maths.

This year you will be doing A2 Business, plus Economics and Accouts AS and A2, .

So you need to think if you did 1 x AS and got a D v Doing 3x as much work doing A2 business and AS for Accounts and Economics or V doing 5 X as much work with A2 business and AS+A2 for economics and business is a viable option?

Depends how clever you are and how hard you work. You are already two months in.
Do you care what grades you get or whether you go to a good uni or not?

Ps nobody will know or care or be able to tell you are 20.

I am not getting the impression you are a spectacularly talented or hard-working student, which would lead me to believe you will flunk trying to do 2x full A levels and an AS in one year. It would be wiser to do two. Follow the plan that gives you the most chance of success.

okii thx im trying alot harder this year in business and doing a level in it but i havent started learning economics or accounting yet and was hoping to choose what to take when the 1 week holiday is over so i can start and get ready to grind:wink: what ur saying is i should only take accounting or economics? (p.s i heard economics was similar to business so id hope to have picked it up quicker than normal)
Original post by ai caramba
okii thx im trying alot harder this year in business and doing a level in it but i havent started learning economics or accounting yet and was hoping to choose what to take when the 1 week holiday is over so i can start and get ready to grind:wink: what ur saying is i should only take accounting or economics? (p.s i heard economics was similar to business so id hope to have picked it up quicker than normal)

I think you should do it in two years... also taking both econ and business seem unnecessary.
Reply 4
Original post by Arctic Kitten
I think you should do it in two years... also taking both econ and business seem unnecessary.

Okay thanks i was mainly going to take both because you need 3 A levels to get a good chance of getting accepted at a uni right? Are you saying i should just take business studies and accounting A levels or are you saying i should still take 3 but choose another subject other than economics?
You are very good at English I can tell and I suggest you get 3 alevels so that in the future it won't hinder you if a job requires a levels which it might not but there's a possibility bro. And go to uni after u get a levels but that's my thoughts for u . U choose my tango baby
Reply 6
Original post by TheYearNiner
You are very good at English I can tell and I suggest you get 3 alevels so that in the future it won't hinder you if a job requires a levels which it might not but there's a possibility bro. And go to uni after u get a levels but that's my thoughts for u . U choose my tango baby

okii thanks man thats hopefully the plan bro :smile: loving the eyes in your profile picture

Quick Reply

Latest