The Student Room Group

Smelly Flatmate

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Tiger Rag
And possibly give him an asthma attack? Excellent.

at least if they die OP won't have to put up with the smell no more :biggrin:
Reply 21
Original post by ANM775
at least if they die OP won't have to put up with the smell no more :biggrin:

You're a nasty piece of s h i t. :angry:
I don't think you have to say 'hey, you stink, take a shower'. Definitely don't consider taking direct action to make them take a shower or anything else-that would definitely be assault.

Maybe you could bring it up as being concerned for them; something like, 'are you okay, a few of us have noticed you're not really taking care of yourself'. You could then suggest gently that maybe they could do with a shower and some clean clothes.

If you don't want to speak with them yourself, and you're in halls, you could also bring it up with the management in terms of their room being unsanitary and they might be able to broach the subject more sensitively with the person in question.
Spray him with deodorant like you would use a water spray on a disobedient cat.
Reply 24
Original post by Bio 7
Just be honest and tell them. I have no sense of smell so sometimes I don't realise how long I've worn something.

??? Everyone has a sense of smell mate
I know who your talking about and yeah they really do stink
Reply 26
Original post by AnharM
??? Everyone has a sense of smell mate

Well no they don’t as I already said I don’t have it.
Reply 27
Original post by Bio 7
Well no they don’t as I already said I don’t have it.

Take a **** on your hand right now and sniff your hand and tell me you don't smell it?
Reply 28
Original post by AnharM
Take a **** on your hand right now and sniff your hand and tell me you don't smell it?

I do not smell sh*t that close, no. Just yesterday I was dissecting organs and several people were keeping away thanks to the smell while I was taking deep breaths through my nose just a few inches from it.
You should tell them, privately. It would be okay.
But if you tell them in a crowded place/condition you might hurt them.
Reply 30
when people in school used to stink I'd attack them with deodorant and say next time you're paying. That or I'd tell all the gossipers how bad they smelt so word would go around eventually, even if it came back to me at least I wasnt the one who broke the news.
Everyone does not seem to realise that some other races smell differently. This is mainly due to their diet. As an example, when I did a water fast, after a while my partner said I smelt different. Indians often smell of curry because they eat so much of it and it comes out of the pores in the skin. Garlic does the same thing for people who eat a lot of that too. When I was in uni, there was this black guy from Ghana who smelled totally different to other people.

So, on one hand it might be a cleanliness issue, yes, but it also might be a race/diet thing too.
Original post by 3121
when people in school used to stink I'd attack them with deodorant and say next time you're paying. That or I'd tell all the gossipers how bad they smelt so word would go around eventually, even if it came back to me at least I wasnt the one who broke the news.

That's a really horrible thing to do to someone. You're doing more harm than good if you're publicly humiliating someone like that. Yeah, that person may smell but they're still a person. It would be more considerate to tell them privately that they smell bad because you never know what's going on in their lives.
Reply 33
(Original post by CTLeafez)
It's Christmas soon, use this opportunity to buy them the full body spray and bath box set! :biggrin: I can sympathise, one of my housemates smells quite bad whenever they're in an enclosed space! You could always hint to them that it smells quite bad, not specifically blaming them.

When I've walked into the kitchen and it's smelt of BO, I've said "Damn it smells bad in here, I'm gonna open a window." It doesn't pin it specifically on one person but it certainly gets the point across.

He won't use it. Plus they don't speak so who buys someone a present they don't get along with? hah
Original post by 3121

You're such an ******* lol
“Sorry mate, but you’ve gotta take a shower” - done.
Original post by ocpaul20
Everyone does not seem to realise that some other races smell differently. This is mainly due to their diet. As an example, when I did a water fast, after a while my partner said I smelt different. Indians often smell of curry because they eat so much of it and it comes out of the pores in the skin. Garlic does the same thing for people who eat a lot of that too. When I was in uni, there was this black guy from Ghana who smelled totally different to other people.

So, on one hand it might be a cleanliness issue, yes, but it also might be a race/diet thing too.

Curry coming out of skin pores wtf

Quick Reply

Latest