The Student Room Group

Qualification

Hi I have done 1 year of LEVEL 3 BTEC in hospitality and events. 1 year of LEVEL 3 BTEC in business management. And both course after 1 year gave me diploma. So basically I have 2 BETEC LEVEL 3 diploma would this help me to get me to uni. And Would it be enough for me to do so?
Original post by Buavit
Hi I have done 1 year of LEVEL 3 BTEC in hospitality and events. 1 year of LEVEL 3 BTEC in business management. And both course after 1 year gave me diploma. So basically I have 2 BETEC LEVEL 3 diploma would this help me to get me to uni. And Would it be enough for me to do so?

Without knowing what it is you have then hard to say.

Possibly is the answer.

Lots of the lower unis have entrance requirements in terms of ucas points so you need to know how many you have.

Look at your grade and see if it has one or two letters? You need a total of three.
btec diploma.PNG

You can also see if you can identify which one you have from here or as your exam officer or teacher.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/tariff-calculator
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Without knowing what it is you have then hard to say.

Possibly is the answer.

Lots of the lower unis have entrance requirements in terms of ucas points so you need to know how many you have.

Look at your grade and see if it has one or two letters? You need a total of three.
btec diploma.PNG

You can also see if you can identify which one you have from here or as your exam officer or teacher.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/tariff-calculator

Hi thank you. For your I am not sure what you mean by without knowing what I have done? Do you mean the content?
Original post by Buavit
Hi thank you. For your I am not sure what you mean by without knowing what I have done? Do you mean the content?

The exact qualification you have.
Theres a normal diploma and then a 90 credit diploma.

What were your final grades?
Reply 4
The exact qualification you have.
Theres a normal diploma and then a 90 credit diploma.

What were your final grades?

it was a 90 credit diploma and my final grade for one of them is D*D*
Original post by Buavit
it was a 90 credit diploma and my final grade for one of them is D*D*

So have you checked that against the link I gave you above?
Have you checked that v the entrance requirements of the unis you are interested in applying to?
Reply 6
So have you checked that against the link I gave you above?
Have you checked that v the entrance requirements of the unis you are interested in applying to?

yes I used it and i put the grade from my first degree and the projected from this year it said i have 168 UCAS points
Original post by Buavit
yes I used it and i put the grade from my first degree and the projected from this year it said i have 168 UCAS points

Now you need to go and do some research and think what course you might be interested in and check their entrance requirements.

A degree is a different qualification from a diploma.
Reply 8
Now you need to go and do some research and think what course you might be interested in and check their entrance requirements.

A degree is a different qualification from a diploma.

thank you so much for your help :smile:
Original post by Buavit
thank you so much for your help :smile:

2 diplomas are an unusual mix.
Universities may not accept them.
You are more likely to be accepted by unis who take UCAS points.
You need to check the entrance requirements and if unsure, then contact the uni and ask.
Reply 10
2 diplomas are an unusual mix.
Universities may not accept them.
You are more likely to be accepted by unis who take UCAS points.
You need to check the entrance requirements and if unsure, then contact the uni and ask.

Ok, Not sure if you know but, Manchester metropotian University accepts by UCAS and does Manchester University does it by UCAS as well, or it is usually the course???
Original post by Buavit
Ok, Not sure if you know but, Manchester metropotian University accepts by UCAS and does Manchester University does it by UCAS as well, or it is usually the course???

MMU probably does and MU probably not, but thats why you need to check yourself.
Reply 12
MMU probably does and MU probably not, but thats why you need to check yourself.

thank you

Quick Reply

Latest