emilylgr
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m not sure if this is the right place to post but I couldn’t find anything that fit better. I’m so stuck with deciding which course to do in uni. My school are pushing deadlines for personal statements and applications too which makes it more stressful. I have two options: psychology or midwifery. Both are very different. I love psychology, it’s so fascinating but there’s just something wonderful about midwifery and it’s really drawing me in. If I chose psychology, I wouldn’t know which field to go into, I’m not sure I can see myself truly enjoying the course or future career. If I chose midwifery, I have slightly more problems. I suffer from frequent strong headaches that can be brought on by lack of sleep and an irregular sleeping pattern-so night shifts are an issue. I could possibly cope, but not too well. And the other issue is that I have no midwifery related extra curricular things to put on my personal statement apart from possible work experience in my local hospital which I haven’t done yet. Everything else relates to psychology because that’s what I thought would be the easiest thing to do and I’m also scared about what my family, friends and teachers will say about wanting to do midwifery and changing my mind so suddenly before the deadline for ucas applications (no one has known that I’ve been thinking of midwifery). Obviously I’m leaning more towards midwifery but I still don’t know. I’m so stuck
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by emilylgr)
I’m not sure if this is the right place to post but I couldn’t find anything that fit better. I’m so stuck with deciding which course to do in uni. My school are pushing deadlines for personal statements and applications too which makes it more stressful. I have two options: psychology or midwifery. Both are very different. I love psychology, it’s so fascinating but there’s just something wonderful about midwifery and it’s really drawing me in. If I chose psychology, I wouldn’t know which field to go into, I’m not sure I can see myself truly enjoying the course or future career. If I chose midwifery, I have slightly more problems. I suffer from frequent strong headaches that can be brought on by lack of sleep and an irregular sleeping pattern-so night shifts are an issue. I could possibly cope, but not too well. And the other issue is that I have no midwifery related extra curricular things to put on my personal statement apart from possible work experience in my local hospital which I haven’t done yet. Everything else relates to psychology because that’s what I thought would be the easiest thing to do and I’m also scared about what my family, friends and teachers will say about wanting to do midwifery and changing my mind so suddenly before the deadline for ucas applications (no one has known that I’ve been thinking of midwifery). Obviously I’m leaning more towards midwifery but I still don’t know. I’m so stuck
Talk to your school. Explain that you’re still undecided but start drafting a PS for each subject. They set deadlines to make sure that you are making progress and to give them time to add your reference. If they know that you are making progress but still unsure then they can work with you to add your reference and give you time to adjust your application before the deadline.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (196)
59.94%
No (72)
22.02%
Not sure (59)
18.04%

Watched Threads