Turn on thread page Beta

SFE call centre and advisors are completely useless watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I was supposed to receive my student finance last week thursday and I realised my bank account was my old closed account so last monday I changed it to my current account and was told the payment would be sent to this account however it was still sent to my old account and SFE told me to talk to the bank in order for the money to be bounced back and after nearly a week of pestering HSBC they told me they the money was sent back to SFE a few days and they even gave me the Sort and account the money was sent back to but everytime I contact SFE they are very dismissive saying they haven't received anything. I'm stressed because travel to university is very expensive and I will not be able to pay for it myself for much longer. If anyone else has faced something like this how long on average should it be sorted out
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by m.mohamud1)
    So I was supposed to receive my student finance last week thursday and I realised my bank account was my old closed account so last monday I changed it to my current account and was told the payment would be sent to this account however it was still sent to my old account and SFE told me to talk to the bank in order for the money to be bounced back and after nearly a week of pestering HSBC they told me they the money was sent back to SFE a few days and they even gave me the Sort and account the money was sent back to but everytime I contact SFE they are very dismissive saying they haven't received anything. I'm stressed because travel to university is very expensive and I will not be able to pay for it myself for much longer. If anyone else has faced something like this how long on average should it be sorted out
    Hi,

Sorry to hear you have had trouble with your payment.

I'd recommend sending us a private/direct message via either Facebook or Twitter. This will allow us to gain access to your account and look in to this further for you.

Thanks, Duncan.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.