The Student Room Group

English - Power and Conflict poetry question.

Hi, I am trying to answer the question: Compare how poets present the effects of conflict on people in "london" and in one other poem from "Power and conflict". I have chosen to compare it to Checking Out Me History but don't have many ideas. Can anyone help?
you picked comh for effects of conflict?:confused: i'd find linking it to that theme really difficult; why not do the emigree or war photographer or kamikaze... probably some other peoms that i haven't mentioned also.
Okay so no guarantees how good this reply is, I did power and conflict GCSE last year and am presuming it hasn't changed :/
You can compare a poem like "Exposure", comparing the conflict of man and nature in that to the conflict of society and God, possibly linking man and society, and nature and God. Furthermore, you could talk about the destruction in both poems and the pain and suffering, due to conflict.

I found the solution to most of this was to bull***t most of it to be honest, you can even compare how the poems are opposing and don't show conflict in the same way. Or anything to be honest, just sway it to fit and sound convincing!

Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending