The Student Room Group

Four Obese Women argue about their right to be fat on this morning

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
This thread is not about TSR users, it's about people who have made themselves a public discussion by going on national television. Insulting people you're talking to isn't going to help anyone.

On fatshaming etc. I question why it matters to anyone else what my body looks like. It's mine for a reason. Not yours. You need not be offended by something that affects you 0%. The only point you can argue that on is the cost to the NHS, which is valid. But take that away and you have no right to judge other people's body weight. Move on.
Original post by LilySpiers
I never said it was easy. But I have no respect for the people are unhappy with themselves and sit around doing nothing except blaming others for their problems. In my opinion they deserve everything they get. Those who are unhappy and wish to change themselves have my full respect. Also, another reason I have no problem with fatphobia is because some members of that community do try to promote a very dangerous mentality. Just because I'm not being harmed doesn't mean I can't have an opinion.

Wait, who’s blaming others for being obese? I’m fat and I don’t blame it on anyone. It’s partly to with my illness but I really don’t think anyone blames them being fat on anyone else.
Original post by cadaanshaydaan
tbh the women in this video are attempting to normalise rather than glamourise body types that are considered to be fat/overweight/obese and also weight/body fat composition is not a very reliable indicator of someones health
Yes, it is, even if it's just an indicator of lifestyle or underlying medical conditions.
Original post by lionheart27
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyjiveTjfy4

Why do women do this? Why are they arguing against the fact that it's unhealthy to be overweight? Why are they proud of their piggish behaviour? Why do they glamourise this behaviour?
Stopped the video when a fat woman said "I'm not obese".
Original post by Rainfall
Wait, who’s blaming others for being obese? I’m fat and I don’t blame it on anyone. It’s partly to with my illness but I really don’t think anyone blames them being fat on anyone else.

The ones who blame sOcIeTy for example. You clearly have never come across the trash that is involved with the #fatacceptance movement
The ones who blame sOcIeTy for example. You clearly have never come across the trash that is involved with the #fatacceptance movement

oh well I still believe it doesn’t help you feel human when everyone hates u cause you’re fat but no one should completely blame society. people say fat people can’t call themselves beautiful because they’re fat and not skinny.
Original post by Tootles
Yes, it is, even if it's just an indicator of lifestyle or underlying medical conditions.

inaccurate as that doesnt account for skinnier people that live unhealthy lives but arent recieved as "unhealthy" because their body type isnt stigmatised.
Reply 47
Only once you and the rest of your lot stop asking for special treatment. Until then, I shall continue. Sounds like you need people to be honest and not pander to you anyway :smile:

Jesus Christ you are one boring **** :laugh:
inaccurate as that doesnt account for skinnier people that live unhealthy lives but arent recieved as "unhealthy" because their body type isnt stigmatised.
Did I say "the only indicator"?
Reply 49
Original post by Tootles

You myst know by now mate that such nuance is beyond most TSR users!
Original post by gjd800
You myst know by now mate that such nuance is beyond most TSR users!
You'd think so, but I have a vain hope that one day I'll find someone who's capable of it :moon:
Reply 51
Original post by Tootles
You'd think so, but I have a vain hope that one day I'll find someone who's capable of it :moon:

Haha, it's nice to have hope :laugh:
Original post by BFG9000
Well. in countries like the USA where you have to pay for private insurance, you can do whatever you want with your body. However in the UK with NHS it's pretty much the other way around. Like 20-30 people will be paying for issues related to her dream to become an ill and sweatty pig.

True. Be as fat as you want but don't depend on the NHS when you get ill because of your weight.
Original post by Tootles

still inaccurate. certain body types or ones body fat compisition doesnt indicate underlying medical issues or their health....how silly
Original post by BFG9000
Well. in countries like the USA where you have to pay for private insurance, you can do whatever you want with your body. However in the UK with NHS it's pretty much the other way around. Like 20-30 people will be paying for issues related to her dream to become an ill and sweatty pig.
Maybe the government wants people to turn against the NHS by parading morons on national TV who would exploit it.

Watch out, perhaps some NHS "reforms" will be on the cards.
Original post by BFG9000
You cannot be morbidly obese and healthy at the same time. Your blood pressure would be very high, all the time.

Yep, that's my general thought too - but you always get people saying they've seen a doctor and their BP is fine, their heart rate is healthy, they run 5K every morning at 5am etc etc. I can't really dispute that if it's been proven by a medical expert, but I do know that people like that would be in the overwhelming minority.
The irony of this thread is that most of you *****ing about these women will end up overweight themselves.

Most people on TSR are either side of 20. Give it 10 years of adult responsibilities such a sedentary job and childcare and you'll have a spare tyre around your midriff.
If only they had some harpoons in the studio. Those three would fetch a fortune in a Japanese fish market.
still inaccurate. certain body types or ones body fat compisition doesnt indicate underlying medical issues or their health....how silly
I said indicator of lifestyle or medical issues. Lifestyle issues that could cause health issues. Potential health issues (heart, liver, whatever) that may happen.

You sound like a fat person trying to justify being fat tbh.
Original post by Violet Femme
The irony of this thread is that most of you *****ing about these women will end up overweight themselves.

Most people on TSR are either side of 20. Give it 10 years of adult responsibilities such a sedentary job and childcare and you'll have a spare tyre around your midriff.

say the girl who's really thin...

it's almost as if liberals are totally blind :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending