How long does the University of Sheffield take to offer places? Watch

ChemicalWaylien
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

I sent off my UCAS applications yesterday (18/10/18) and now I’m desperate to hear back!! I received confirmation emails that they had received my application, but I’m interested to know how long Sheffield typically take to make an offer.

I applied for East Asian Studies (I sent a separate personal statement to the admissions people for it) and History. I’ve also applied to Leeds, Southampton and Chichester, but in all honesty, all I want is to go to Sheffield for East Asian Studies.

My predicted grades are ABB in History, Politics and English Lit and my personal statement was “excellent” according to the head of my sixth form. Essentially, I’m now panicking about getting in because I want to go so, so badly.

So, I’d like people to share how long it took them to receive an offer! Please put me out of my misery, lol.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ChemicalWaylien)
Hi,

I sent off my UCAS applications yesterday (18/10/18) and now I’m desperate to hear back!! I received confirmation emails that they had received my application, but I’m interested to know how long Sheffield typically take to make an offer.

I applied for East Asian Studies (I sent a separate personal statement to the admissions people for it) and History. I’ve also applied to Leeds, Southampton and Chichester, but in all honesty, all I want is to go to Sheffield for East Asian Studies.

My predicted grades are ABB in History, Politics and English Lit and my personal statement was “excellent” according to the head of my sixth form. Essentially, I’m now panicking about getting in because I want to go so, so badly.

So, I’d like people to share how long it took them to receive an offer! Please put me out of my misery, lol.
Ring them up on Monday and ask them. It's a perfectly reasonable question.
ChemicalWaylien
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by PQ)
Ring them up on Monday and ask them. It's a perfectly reasonable question.
I rang them to ask if my separate personal statement had been received and was told that it had - and that an offer had been made and was being processed!! Thank your for your suggestion

Can’t believe it only took them 4 days.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (108)
33.54%
No I don't (151)
46.89%
I work during the holidays (63)
19.57%

Watched Threads