The Student Room Group

Applied 6 months ago and constantly asked for evidence

Hello,
After waiting over 6 months for my application approval, I have now started my course a few weeks ago and would need the student finance application to be approved before Sunday 18 November 2018 which is the Universities deadline for enrolment.
I am just astonished at how much evidence I've been asked over the past 6 months and how many phone calls we've had to make every week to get answers which were all different to one another from the call centre.
I started by sending my french passport as proof of identity which was received and then asked for proof that I am a British citizen which is normal so I then sent my birth certificate which clearly states I was born in the UK and therefore be eligible to apply as a UK student.
After sending my birth certificate I was still told that it wasn't enough but to apply for student finance all you need is proof of identity and clearly was what I sent.
After that we asked if by sending over a British passport it would resolve the whole situation and we wouldn't be asked any further evidence, so I sent my British Passport and it took a month to then tell us we need to send proof of residency of the past 5 years which isn't normal as I sent proof of identity which states I am a british citizen and am born in the UK and Student Finance doesn't ask for such details from any UK applicants with a British Passport it is only asked from EU applicants which I am not.

Thank you
Original post by ldenn710
Hello,
After waiting over 6 months for my application approval, I have now started my course a few weeks ago and would need the student finance application to be approved before Sunday 18 November 2018 which is the Universities deadline for enrolment.
I am just astonished at how much evidence I've been asked over the past 6 months and how many phone calls we've had to make every week to get answers which were all different to one another from the call centre.
I started by sending my french passport as proof of identity which was received and then asked for proof that I am a British citizen which is normal so I then sent my birth certificate which clearly states I was born in the UK and therefore be eligible to apply as a UK student.
After sending my birth certificate I was still told that it wasn't enough but to apply for student finance all you need is proof of identity and clearly was what I sent.
After that we asked if by sending over a British passport it would resolve the whole situation and we wouldn't be asked any further evidence, so I sent my British Passport and it took a month to then tell us we need to send proof of residency of the past 5 years which isn't normal as I sent proof of identity which states I am a british citizen and am born in the UK and Student Finance doesn't ask for such details from any UK applicants with a British Passport it is only asked from EU applicants which I am not.

Thank you

Hi,

I'd recommend sending us a private/direct message via either Facebook or Twitter. This will allow us to gain access to your account and look in to this further for you.

Thanks, Duncan

Quick Reply

Latest