The Student Room Group

What’s everyone’s uni attendance like?

Self explanatory really. See what other people are like for attendance

Scroll to see replies

6 weeks down and I've missed a total of 6 lectures across 3 days and 4 different classes, but to be fair to myself all of those days I was genuinely very sick, and I came in for any classes I couldn't miss.
I try and go to all my lectures unless I have to miss them due to job related reasons. So far missed 2
Go to all my lectures
Reply 4
I don’t take in all the information from most lectures so doing notes in the library is more effective.

I have missed quite a few lectures but I attend all my labs because they are a bit more important to attend.
I think it depends a lot on the course and the individual. I am on teacher training, so pretty much all of our lectures are important information. I'm in my second year and over my total time at uni I have missed 2 hours, which was this week due to an eye appointment. However, I have been fortunate with my health, and I don't really drink so no hangovers! Others I know just don't turn up because they don't want to. My view is that 1) I am paying £9k for these, 2) I will need most of the information in my assignments and 3) my anxiety is too bad to even think of missing a lecture! Others however are less fortunate with health or have other commitments which is understandable :smile:
Non-existent.
Haven't missed or been late to a thing! :tongue:
Reply 8
Undergraduate - 60%-70%
Postgraduate - 100%
Reply 9
I went to most of my lectures at undergrad, dodged some seminars but went to most.

Didn;t go to any lectures for my masters because they weren't much use to me by then, went to most of the seminars.
I purposely missed 2 tutorials coz it feels like college tutorials which were a waste IMO. I missed 3 lectures due to legit circumstances and late once. These happened over the last 4 weeks.
Generally 95%+ over 3 and a bit years. Mature student so I can approach it a bit different. Many of my lecturers have made it clear there are plenty of notes and such online but it's no real substitute for being there and that seems to have been the case,
Reply 12
There's a higher chance of Jeremy Corbyn being PM than me showing up
Original post by Sessimonster
Self explanatory really. See what other people are like for attendance

So far I've had lectures on four days a week for the past three weeks and haven't missed anything. However I do have a family funeral to attend next Monday which means I'll be missing foundation problem solving, my least favourite class and therefore the one in which I really ought to be paying most attention and trying to practice the most.
I go to all of them, even if I struggle to pay attention, it's better than not going.
Missed probably about 75% so far. Living on hopes dreams and drinks with percentages
<10%
Did not attend. Waste of time.
Reply 18
This year so far I have attended everything (though with 6-9 contact hours a week it's hardly a challenge haha); I want to go to all classes now in case I need to miss some for grad applications further down the road :h:
I’m in my 2nd year and I attended a lecture today. It was the first time meeting a lot of people on my course. Sums me up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending