The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Sixth Form - DON'T GO THERE! - former student

Hi everyone,
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Fhjrj
Hi everyone,

This is to all of you thinking of going to harris westminster sixth form. I am a former student (just finished this year) and I decided to open this forum to try and save a few souls.
There's a lot I have to say about the school but I would just end up writing forever so feel free to ask me any questions you have! :smile:

We had one of these last year or year before. Not complimentary at all about the teaching. The poster was not a happy bunny.

My question is if you dont advise going there, then what are better alternatives?
Reply 2
Original post by Fhjrj
Hi everyone,

This is to all of you thinking of going to harris westminster sixth form. I am a former student (just finished this year) and I decided to open this forum to try and save a few souls.
There's a lot I have to say about the school but I would just end up writing forever so feel free to ask me any questions you have! :smile:

why shouldn't people go there
Original post by 999tigger
We had one of these last year or year before. Not complimentary at all about the teaching. The poster was not a happy bunny.

My question is if you dont advise going there, then what are better alternatives?

Oh crikey, yes I remember... :s-smilie:
Lmao. I made one about my college too 😂
Original post by Reality Check
Oh crikey, yes I remember... :s-smilie:

It was a detailed on. I remember them saying about hiring Oxbridge grads in for teaching staff etc.
I think it was Harris Westminster and not Westminster? Not realised the difference until I just googled.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/11839871/Inside-the-state-school-offering-a-30000-a-year-standard-of-education.html
Reply 6
Original post by 999tigger

After going to Harris Westminster I know that what you see in the open evening or online is very different to the actual experience, so i can't really give any solid recommendations for sixth forms that i've never been to. Having said that I know quite a few people who went to Pimlico Academy and Grey Coat's Hospital that were happy and got great results.
whats actually wrong with the school?

Quick Reply

Latest