The Student Room Group

I gave a girl my number, she threw it away

I have been flirting with this girl for a while. I have broken the touch barrier with her as we have touched hands and stuff. I gave her my number and she threw it away.

Am I wasting my time here?

Scroll to see replies

well no sh*t sherlock.
Yeah.
She's not interested.
How do you know she threw it away though?
Did she throw it away in front of you? That's cold
Did she throw it away in front of you, lol?
The touch barrier wtf
Broken the touch barrier? impressive :hat2:
Original post by AzureCeleste
Yeah.
She's not interested.
How do you know she threw it away though?

She did it in front of me

Original post by YaliaV
Did she throw it away in front of you? That's cold

Original post by Amazing-
Did she throw it away in front of you, lol?

She did yes.
Original post by Supernova36
The touch barrier wtf

I don't know what that response was for. I have been told on her that breaking the touch barrier is a way to avoid the friend zone
I think she’s given you a pretty clear statement of disinterest there.
Original post by ManicDrBeatles
I don't know what that response was for. I have been told on her that breaking the touch barrier is a way to avoid the friend zone

By who ?

Listen , this might be hard to hear, but sometimes girls don’t want to be any more than friends. It sucks , we’ve all been in that unrequited position, I doubt there’s a human on the plant that can’t relate. You gotta understand that just because a girl is nice to you doesn’t mean she wants to be your girlfriend.

Maybe throwing the number away right in front of you is a tad tactless but you just gotta move on now, there will be someone out there for you. This girl is just not the one. Hope this doesn’t come across as mean because that isn’t my intention.... and the touch barrier is not a real thing. If she likes you she likes you if she doesn’t she doesn’t xoxox
Denied.

Yes breaking the touch barrier is a good way to avoid being friend zoned. BUT only if the girl is into you.

If a woman thrown my number away in front of me I wouldn’t be asking if she still was interested in an online forum. Instead I would be giving her a peace of my mind, for sure!

That’s just cold and disrespectful dude.

Did you touch her randomly? People usually give signals if they want to be touched.

Don't take this the wrong way, but are you autistic? I kind of get that sense from your posts.

She did yes.

Wow........pretty *****y of her, but I think she's given you the message

She did yes.

Oh dear
Last Christmas, I gave you my number, but the very next day, you threw it away.

sorry mayne
Honestly, I'd just try to get over her and move on.

She was harsh to throw away your number like that. I don't know if she was in a bad mood or if she was trying to send you a message. It was disrespectful though. Assuming you've been pleasant and not creepy, you deserve a bit of respect at least.

It's a crappy feeling, I'm going through it myself. You will get over it though. At least you've tried to get her attention. Lots of people are too shy to do that. Think of it as getting one step closer to finding someone.
Original post by YaliaV
Did you touch her randomly? People usually give signals if they want to be touched.

Don't take this the wrong way, but are you autistic? I kind of get that sense from your posts.

Why do you think I’m autistic?
Your common sense along with it.

Quick Reply

Latest