The Student Room Group

How much time do you spend on a 1000 word essay?

just curious
I did one the other day. I spent about 2-3 hours on it. Wbu?
I honestly don't spend any time on it. Clearly I can write a lot and I type over 70wpm and numbers included usually, with few typos along the way. If you understand the material, and prepare an elaborate outline beforehand, then the essay is literally an extension of that. For me I gear myself with questions to support the thesis or the research topic, and research the notes and answers, list them under each question. Then just turn them into cohesive paragraphs. The essay is finished when every question is answered. I have literally done over 15 pages overnight when I was a student using this method. One time I started it at about 14:00 and finished at like 23, then didn't save it stupidly and had to redo it and finished it again at 4am.
Original post by EditaPaperCom
The amount of time it takes to write a 1000 word essay can vary significantly depending on a number of factors such as the writer's skill level, the complexity of the topic, and the amount of research and preparation required. Here are some general guidelines for how long it might take to write a 1000 word essay:

If you are an experienced writer with a strong grasp of the topic and a clear outline, it might take you as little as 3-4 hours to write a 1000 word essay.

If you are a less experienced writer or if the topic is more complex, it might take you closer to 6-8 hours to write a 1000 word essay.

If you need to do a significant amount of research and preparation before writing, it could take even longer. For example, if you need to read and analyze several sources before you can begin writing, it could take you 8-10 hours or more to complete a 1000 word essay.

It's important to note that these are just general guidelines and the actual time it takes to write a 1000 word essay will vary depending on your individual circumstances. To write a high-quality essay in a shorter amount of time, it's important to stay focused and avoid distractions, take breaks to recharge, and plan ahead to make the most efficient use of your time.

In summary, it can take anywhere from 3-10 hours or more to write a 1000 word essay, depending on your skill level, the complexity of the topic, and the amount of research and preparation required.

This is the second post I've seen from you today in which you're replying to a thread that is several years old. Perhaps you should check before launching yourself into your next essay?
Original post by Bang Outta Order
I honestly don't spend any time on it. Clearly I can write a lot and I type over 70wpm and numbers included usually, with few typos along the way. If you understand the material, and prepare an elaborate outline beforehand, then the essay is literally an extension of that. For me I gear myself with questions to support the thesis or the research topic, and research the notes and answers, list them under each question. Then just turn them into cohesive paragraphs. The essay is finished when every question is answered. I have literally done over 15 pages overnight when I was a student using this method. I don’t even understand how people write it. I guess I have a small vocabulary. I myself have never written before. Lately I have been using ai essay writer, found https://customwriting.com/ai-essay-writer for this. This saves me time and I don't have to worry about the text. So thank God there is the Internet and such technologies. Of course, typing speed and the ability to quickly express your thoughts can significantly speed up the process of writing an essay, but this is not about me. One time I started it at about 14:00 and finished at like 23, then didn't save it stupidly and had to redo it and finished it again at 4am.

I think you have talent or you are a genius. For everyone, it's usually the other way around.
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest