The Student Room Group

Girls does your foundation match your skin?

I am rather pale and I always have used darker foundation and fake tanned my neck etc. Today I’ve bought a really light foundation which pretty much blends in with my skin and makes me look like a ghost! Is this really how it’s supposed to be?
I'm extremely pale as well and when I wear the palest foundation I can find in most shops I look ridiculous and like a completely different person (to me, anyway). I'm basically orange, and I have to blend it down my neck and into my chest so it doesn't look obvious. If you're normally using a darker foundation, then using a paler one, even if it matches your skin. will still make you look different.

What foundation was it? Cause I'm wanting one that's pale enough to keep me looking like me. The only one I've ever found that was pale enough and not bank-breaking is Loreal Infallible, but that's too liquidy for my liking
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Frigateer
I'm extremely pale as well and when I wear the palest foundation I can find in most shops I look ridiculous and like a completely different person (to me, anyway). I'm basically orange, and I have to blend it down my neck and into my chest so it doesn't look obvious. What foundation did you find? Cause I'm wanting one that's pale enough to keep me looking like me. The only one I've ever found that was pale enough and not bank-breaking is Loreal Infallible, but that's too liquidy for my liking

L’Oréal infallible is the one I use! I find it good because I have quite oily skin and it does tend to stay on all day. I also like MAC studio fix and Kat Von d’s foundation but I find when they colour match me in the shop they always choose a really orange shade for me and I have pasty Irish skin so I only wear it if I’ve tanned. Revolution’s foundations are supposed to be good for light shades but they don’t suit my skin unfortunately. It’s tough being pale
Original post by Anonymous
L’Oréal infallible is the one I use! I find it good because I have quite oily skin and it does tend to stay on all day. I also like MAC studio fix and Kat Von d’s foundation but I find when they colour match me in the shop they always choose a really orange shade for me and I have pasty Irish skin so I only wear it if I’ve tanned. Revolution’s foundations are supposed to be good for light shades but they don’t suit my skin unfortunately. It’s tough being pale

Cheers, I'll have a look at those other brands.

Yeah, I've always found it weird how we have this sterotype of Irish people being so pale and yet makeup companies don't seem to have picked up on it. We don't all want to be oompa loompas
Yeah people can't tell I'm wearing makeup. I like it that way.

Quick Reply

Latest