The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Enough for your test?
(edited 5 years ago)
You might a few more than 10 hours before your test! (I'm on like 40 hours and my dumbass still hasnt passed but moving on...)
I’ve done 40 hours with practice at home every day and I’m a month away from my test still. Unless you’ve done A LOT private practice I highly doubt it. I mean go for it but don’t be surprised if you don’t pass, there’s a lot to know.
Good luck :smile:
Not enough for the tests.
Original post by DrawTheLine
Enough for your test?

Yeah.
Original post by Rainfall
Yeah.

Unless you're exceptionally good, no. Most people say the average is 40, however my instructor said 20-24 should be enough. I passed with around 24. Any less and i wouldn't have been ready at all.
How many hours a lesson?
Average for most people is 40 hours.
Are you doing any practice outwith lessons? If not then I doubt its enough
Unless you're exceptionally good, no. Most people say the average is 40, however my instructor said 20-24 should be enough. I passed with around 24. Any less and i wouldn't have been ready at all.

oh I think I’d probably need More than 40 cause I’m mentally challenged
I don't think that 10 hours is enough to get to the level to pass a test unless you are really good or have driving experience from living and working on a farm. It would be best to book more hours but it would be good to check before hand whether you can get a refund for unused hours as you might book more hours than needed or the driving school your using might not have instructors which you like or get on with so might need to change driving schools.

If you can stay with the same instructor as when you pass if they still do the passplus course the instructor might just sign you off on it for less than what it would cost you to actually do as the instructor knows your driving competance and know that it would be a waste of time to teach you to a level and understanding that you already are.
oh I think I’d probably need More than 40 cause I’m mentally challenged

That's fine. Sometimes it takes people longer. It's better you take longer to learn than pass early and be a dangerous driver.
It took me 19 months of weekly lessons of 15-2 hours per week to pass so not likely.
That's fine. Sometimes it takes people longer. It's better you take longer to learn than pass early and be a dangerous driver.

40 hours would take like a year to do! How long did it take for you?
40 hours would take like a year to do! How long did it take for you?

From June until January. I only did 1 hour a week though, and had a few weeks here and there without a lesson due to holidays etc.
From June until January. I only did 1 hour a week though, and had a few weeks here and there without a lesson due to holidays etc.

Wow you must’ve had a good ass driving instructor! I hope to do only 25 hours or less too. It’s automatic you done right? It can’t be that hard to learn how to switch a few buttons and drive right?
Original post by BathshebaBathing
It took me 19 months of weekly lessons of 15-2 hours per week to pass so not likely.

:frown: did you do automatic or manual?
Wow you must’ve had a good ass driving instructor! I hope to do only 25 hours or less too. It’s automatic you done right? It can’t be that hard to learn how to switch a few buttons and drive right?

No I did manual. Yeah my instructor was awesome.
Reply 17
Took me around 25-26, from a base level of zero driving experience, including one failed test. If you have some ability already 10 might do, but I'd be very impressed if anyone could go from absolute beginner to passing in 10 lessons.
It’s weird cause when my grandad learnt to drive he only had 1 lesson and then passed first time. He spent a total of £5 on lessons and the test. Now you have to have like 20+ hours worth of lessons.
Don’t think it’s enough. Got your provisional yet?

Latest