The Student Room Group

EQP Independently

I'm currently (re)taking a few GCSEs and next year will be doing an access to HE science course.
I would also like to take a BTEC in applied science and do an EPQ within one year.

My questions are:
(1) Is it possible to do the BTEC within a year? If so, what would I have at the end of it?
(2) Is it possible to do an EPQ independently? If so, how would I go about it?
Original post by h0llyl0u
I'm currently (re)taking a few GCSEs and next year will be doing an access to HE science course.
I would also like to take a BTEC in applied science and do an EPQ within one year.

My questions are:
(1) Is it possible to do the BTEC within a year? If so, what would I have at the end of it?
(2) Is it possible to do an EPQ independently? If so, how would I go about it?

Honest;y trying to do a BTEC what I assume is a diploma and an access course will be too much for you. You might manage an EPQ, but if I were in your position it would be Access only.

You would also have to pay for such a course.

EPQ will require someone to mark it. Ask the college. I dont think its worth it. Excellent score on Access is probably going to get you further. I dont believe it makes any sense unless you can explain what you are trying to achieve.
Reply 2
I’m trying to get into medicine. I couldn’t take my GCSEs in year 11, so I’m taking some now.Instead of a levels, I will be doing an access course. I wasn’t sure if doing a BTEC as well as an EPQ would make up for my lack of GCSEs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending