Tonsillitis help pls Watch

Gayvidk_05
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi All.

I’ve been suffering from tonsillitis (first time ever) since monday. I went A&E at 2am on wednesday as i couldn’t breathe due to the fact my tonsils were so swollen up.. anyway i was prescribed 4x penecilin a day and i have been taking it since. the tonsils have gone down in size and a lot of the stones have been removed too. unfortunately i’m still unable to sleep due to the fact that i end up choking within 30 seconds of passing (currently on 50+ hours no sleep). also unable lost my voice completely and unable to drink eats etc. for example just had some chicken broth and i’ve puked it all up within 3 mins of finishing it. i’m also carrying a sick bucket with me because my body thinks it’s a marvellous idea to be producing 100x more saliva than necessary..

Any ideas what could help me? considering taking my mum back to the doctors with me tomorrow if still didn’t get batter.

than you x
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Gayvidk_05)
Hi All.

I’ve been suffering from tonsillitis (first time ever) since monday. I went A&E at 2am on wednesday as i couldn’t breathe due to the fact my tonsils were so swollen up.. anyway i was prescribed 4x penecilin a day and i have been taking it since. the tonsils have gone down in size and a lot of the stones have been removed too. unfortunately i’m still unable to sleep due to the fact that i end up choking within 30 seconds of passing (currently on 50+ hours no sleep). also unable lost my voice completely and unable to drink eats etc. for example just had some chicken broth and i’ve puked it all up within 3 mins of finishing it. i’m also carrying a sick bucket with me because my body thinks it’s a marvellous idea to be producing 100x more saliva than necessary..

Any ideas what could help me? considering taking my mum back to the doctors with me tomorrow if still didn’t get batter.

than you x
Try sleeping with your head propped up or even while sitting. Try tiny sips of anything like water, squash, soup etc, keep up with the medication, consider home remedies for nausia (possibly tiny sips of ginger tea) and if you feel like you can't cope or things aren't improving at all yeah go back to a doctor and ask if there is anything that could help you feel a bit better while the medication does it's thing. It could help to bring a notepad or open a speaking app if you can't talk at the moment. You can also talk to (or have somebody else talk to) a pharmacist.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (15)
9.68%
Disagree (11)
7.1%
Neither agree or disagree (50)
32.26%
Agree (59)
38.06%
Strongly Agree (20)
12.9%

Watched Threads