The Student Room Group

Angry elephants charge human murderers!

Some human murderers were charged by a group of angry elephants after they tried to murder the grandfather of the elephant family. Poor elephantes :'''(

I usually react strongly against anything that seems like calling for violence against others people for political reasons, however in this case I believe in this case it would be a good thing if these hunters were trampled to death.

Look how they were going to murder the grandfather in front of the baby elephants. We know beyond any doubt that elephants experience complex emotions, that they are capable of symbolic thought and abstract expression, that they have highly developed internal psychological lives. It would have scarred the baby to see the grandfather killed, but these hunters probably just think, "Stupid elephants. They can't even invent the wheel". Grrr :angry:

[video="youtube;aXkpRIUD21Y"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXkpRIUD21Y[/video]

Scroll to see replies

Weird that the video seems really small and compressed. Anyway, here is a direct link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXkpRIUD21Y

Oh and inb4 some hunter apologist says that killing the older ones is actually good for the elephants and they like it, that they're just culling the herd a bit, pruning it. One wonders how on earth elephants survived for millions of years before fat ****ers with guns appeared on the scene.
Here is a picture of trophy hunter
elephante.jpg
Even the ancient Romans knew that the elephants were a highly advanced race. Here is Gaius Plinius (or 'Pliny') speaking of the 'elephantus' in his book 'Natural History';

"Let us now pass on to the other animals, and first of all to the land animals. The elephant is the largest of them all, and in intelligence approaches the nearest to man. It understands the language of its country, it obeys commands, and it remembers all the duties which it has been taught. It is sensible alike of the pleasures of love and glory, and, to a degree that is rare among men even, possesses notions of honesty, prudence, and equity; it has a religious respect also for the stars, and a veneration for the sun and the moon.

It is said by some authors, that, at the first appearance of the new moon, herds of these animals come down from the forests of Mauritania to a river, the name of which is Amilos; and that they there purify themselves in solemn form by sprinkling their bodies with water; after which, having thus saluted the heavenly body, they return to the woods, carrying before them the young ones which are fatigued.

They are supposed to have a notion, too, of the differences of religion; and when about to cross the sea, they cannot be prevailed upon to go on board the ship, until their keeper has promised upon oath that they shall return home again. They have been seen, too, when worn out by disease, (for even these vast masses are liable to disease,) lying on their back, and throwing the grass up into the air, as if deputing the earth to intercede for them with its prayers."
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by AlexanderHam
Here is a picture of trophy hunter
elephante.jpg

looks like fatso is going to get a special treat from his squeeze for killing the Lion King

:puke:
Original post by the bear
looks like fatso is going to get a special treat from his squeeze for killing the Lion King

:puke:

Ugh. How am I going to get that horrid image out of my head? You monster.

The worst part is that the lion-killer obviously thinks it's some great demonstration of his virility, but he like many trophy hunters, was basically driven out in an air conditioned Land Rover to a special spot, where they set him up with a comfortable arm chair and a high-powered rifle, and then lure lions into his firing zone with tasty cuts of meat and animal carcasses dragged behind motorcycles. :angry:
Ugh. How am I going to get that horrid image out of my head? You monster.

The worst part is that the lion-killer obviously thinks it's some great demonstration of his virility, but he like many trophy hunters, was basically driven out in an air conditioned Land Rover to a special spot, where they set him up with a comfortable arm chair and a high-powered rifle, and then lure lions into his firing zone with tasty cuts of meat and animal carcasses dragged behind motorcycles. :angry:

he's gonna need three of them blue pills for sure

hot digetty.
I usually react strongly against anything that seems like calling for violence against others people for political reasons, however in this case I believe in this case it would be a good thing if these hunters were trampled to death.

i agree but you don't really mean that no one should be trampled to death...
Original post by rainclouds-
i agree but you don't really mean that no one should be trampled to death...

Huh? Do you mean I don't really mean people should be trampled to death, or I don't really mean people shouldn't be trampled to death (i.e. some people should be trampled)?

My position is that I don't actively would seek to make it happen. But I believe the world would be much better off were one of the victims to fight back and trample this serial killer.
the first one

i guess so. it's a shame they can't do that though :frown: in the words of tsr's resident troll humans are vile...
Huh? Do you mean I don't really mean people should be trampled to death, or I don't really mean people shouldn't be trampled to death (i.e. some people should be trampled)?

My position is that I don't actively would seek to make it happen. But I believe the world would be much better off were one of the victims to fight back and trample this serial killer.
Dang, I hope the elephants are ok
Reply 11
this is terrible, and it makes me mad as someone who is from Africa, but if you read the comments on the video you will see something worse. that is a display of what many Africans think of Europeans, and white people in particular.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Jono*
this is terrible, and it makes me mad as someone who is from Africa, but if you read the comments on the video you will see something worse. that is a display of what many Africans think of Europeans, and white people in particular.

Don't allow yourself to have your perception of a group of people / race / religion / sexual orientation to be based on comments that you read online. They are hardly representative and in fact some of them are parody, some of them are probably alt-right provocateurs who want to make Africans look bad or prejudiced.

Of course there is prejudice and even racism in Africa against white people. But that is not all or even most Africans. It is also partly a function of African countries having been subordinated to, and exploited by, western Europe. It's natural some of them will be resentful.

But remember that has nothing to do with the killing of the elephant. Some pro-hunter right-wing people will try to make this a contest, you either support the hunters or you are supporting white-hating African supremacists. You can dislike anti-white African supremacists (to the extend they actually exist... again, it's impossible to determine just based on a youtube comments page) and hate these serial killers of elephants. And those killings of elephants, that is the issue at hand. Don't let yourself be distracted by right-wing provocateurs who want to divert the attention away from the actions of the hunters
Thou shalt not kill... or at least not go out of your way to do so. I think that man needs to be chased for a few years to lose a few... tons.
Did he kill the lion by trying to ride it?
Original post by Frigateer
Dang, I hope the elephants are ok

Unfortunately I think he dead. It you watch at 0:35 seconds, at the right of the screen, you can see the poor elephant collapse. He was shot in the head three times.

It's absolutely monstrous. Though there is another recent story where the elephant not only survived, but managed to trample one of the hunters to death

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/big-game-hunter-elephant-trample-death-namibia-jose-monzalvez-argentinian-a7892126.html

Go elephantes! :mob:
Original post by Vinny C
Did he kill the lion by trying to ride it?

Ha. If he managed to sit on it that would kill it, but thankfully if he tried it without a gun he would get decked by the lion. The fat guy is not the same one who killed the elephant in the video, just another fat **** who goes to Africa to pleasure himself by murdering creatures.

We do have a story last year though that an elephant trampled a trophy hunter to death

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/big-game-hunter-elephant-trample-death-namibia-jose-monzalvez-argentinian-a7892126.html

Rough justice.
Ha. If he managed to sit on it that would kill it, but thankfully if he tried it without a gun he would get decked by the lion. The fat guy is not the same one who killed the elephant in the video, just another fat **** who goes to Africa to pleasure himself by murdering creatures.

We do have a story last year though that an elephant trampled a trophy hunter to death

Rough justice.

Elephants are clever... they harbour feeling and even revenge. I work with horses and even they have empathy, very much so.
Original post by Vinny C
Elephants are clever... they harbour feeling and even revenge. I work with horses and even they have empathy, very much so.

Absolutely! Did you see the part I quoted above from ancient Roman author Pliny's view of the elephanti?

"Let us now pass on to the other animals, and first of all to the land animals. The elephant is the largest of them all, and in intelligence approaches the nearest to man. It understands the language of its country, it obeys commands, and it remembers all the duties which it has been taught. It is sensible alike of the pleasures of love and glory, and, to a degree that is rare among men even, possesses notions of honesty, prudence, and equity; it has a religious respect also for the stars, and a veneration for the sun and the moon.

It is said by some authors, that, at the first appearance of the new moon, herds of these animals come down from the forests of Mauritania to a river, the name of which is Amilos; and that they there purify themselves in solemn form by sprinkling their bodies with water; after which, having thus saluted the heavenly body, they return to the woods, carrying before them the young ones which are fatigued.

They are supposed to have a notion, too, of the differences of religion; and when about to cross the sea, they cannot be prevailed upon to go on board the ship, until their keeper has promised upon oath that they shall return home again. They have been seen, too, when worn out by disease, (for even these vast masses are liable to disease,) lying on their back, and throwing the grass up into the air, as if deputing the earth to intercede for them with its prayers."

Rough justice.

Horse was a right **** with me once... almost threw me off... ran THROUGH a jump. Lucky I even stayed on. Took him back to stable and he turned him bum on me... horsey speak for I'm not your friend. Just turned my back on him and pretended to weep over the stable door... still inside. 20 secs later... big snotty nose in my face... are you ok? They are very empathic.

Quick Reply

Latest