williams.c99
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've been looking at universities non-stop and I don't seem to be getting anywhere!

I'm looking for a business and marketing course, I've got two of my options in place (oxford brookes & Hertfordshire) but I have three more to choose!

Any help on what ones are any good?

Thanks!
Lancaster University Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by williams.c99)
I've been looking at universities non-stop and I don't seem to be getting anywhere!

I'm looking for a business and marketing course, I've got two of my options in place (oxford brookes & Hertfordshire) but I have three more to choose!

Thanks!
Hi there,

What a fantastic decision choosing to study a Business and Marketing course! I am a current Marketing Management Student at Lancaster University and I am really enjoying my time here. University has provided me with lots of opportunities. From a globally unique module allowing me to attend The World Business Council for Sustainable Development in Singapore to my work on campus as the Unilever Events Manager with Lancaster University Marketing Society, the opportunities for involvment are extensive!

If you have not already considered Lancaster then we are a Top 10 University including being in the UK Top 3 for graduate employment by The Times and Sunday Times. We also offer an array of Business, Management and Marketing courses which can be explored here: http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/lums/unde...e/our-courses/. These degree schemes include 7 marketing courses so there is one to suit everyone but make sure to thoroughly read the course outlines from a range of Universities to ensure you make the right decision for you.

I love the campus and college environment and equally enjoy living in the city for my second year, so on top of a great course, support and career prospects I am very proud to be a student at Lancaster University.

If I can help you at all then please get in touch!

Good luck with your University search.

Rebecca

LUMS Student Ambassador
University of Hertfordshire
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Thanks!
Hi williams.c99,

Lovely to see we are on your shortlist!

Have you been to see us at an Open Day?

On the Business and Marketing course you can take a work placement or study abroad for a year which is a great opportunity. We recently had a Business and Marketing student in the Marketing team here as an events assistant. For study abroad, we have partners with universities all over the world! I wish I'd gone when I was a student!

If you have any questions about the course or uni just let us know

Thanks,
Heather
Sim.k.97
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello,
I am studying Marketing at the University of Huddersfield and absolutely loving it here! I would definitely suggest you to take a look at the University's Business and marketing programme.
University of Huddersfield
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Thanks!
Hi williams.c99
Are you still looking for other universities to apply to?
I understand it can be a bit 'information overload' when you start looking!
I remember feeling the same when I applied to university.
However, I would second Sim.k.97 and consider taking a look at the courses we have here at Huddersfield.
We have a great placements unit that help our students get placements with organisations such as Unilever, O2 and HP. We are also proud to have close links with Huddersfield Town FC and Huddersfield Giants.
We encourage our students to gain the CIM (Chartered Institute of Marketing) qualification alongside their studies and our students regularly enter the CIM Pitch competition.
The students here also run a Marketing Society, last year they ran a highly successful (according to the CIM 'the most successful') Into Marketing event with external speakers.

At Huddersfield, we are a campus university, but located right in the centre of of the town - so everything is on the doorstep!

As mentioned before, make sure you have a look at a range of courses to find the one that best fits you! But if you do want any more information about Huddersfield, let me know .

Thanks
Rachel
HEman25
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hi Rachel,

I'm planning for digital marketing in Huddersfield uni how will be the jobs in digital marketing for international students can you please give some inputs on it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (45)
14.95%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (97)
32.23%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (38)
12.62%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (26)
8.64%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.65%
I think it's an unfair expectation (75)
24.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise