Ibm degree apprenticeship - matching process Watch

hurricane17
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi, earlier this year I applied to IBM's Chartered Business Management Degree Apprenticeship scheme. Going through all of the tests, including the assessment centre , I received the phonecall to tell me I had passed and entered the matching process, only to be told the next day I would have to wait until 2019 for a role to become available - this is annoying but not an issue as this apprenticeship is really what I want to do. Now, when I applied, the UCAS requirement stated on the application form was 64 minimum, I was predicted 120, so that's what I wrote. On results day (after I was told I am in the matching pool) I gained only 80 UCAS points. When I go on IBM's website as if I were applying for next year, their site states that 120 UCAS points is a minimum entry requirement, which means I have fallen short, however at the time I applied and on my application in clearly states 64 is the minimum entry requirement. Will my application be affected due to this? Are IBM stringent on UCAS points? I am completely stressing out about this. Thankyou in advance.
eh22
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
The charted management apprenticeship for IBM has not opened yet !
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
hurricane17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi,
I applied in May 2018 and I am currently already in the matching pool for 2019 roles - I have passed the assessment centre and all of the tests. I'm not talking about a new application I'm talking about my existing one :-)
Fatcoin
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
IBM sets a 64 minimum baseline for all of their roles. Within that the degree ones have differing entry requirement. e.g Exeter is 136, Manchester Met is 104.

You need to be successful in both parts of the application to start, the uni side and the company side - the uni has set 120 so you've missed it however there still may be hope as sometimes if you particularly impressed IBM may put in a good word for you.

Call them ASAP as you may be still be able to start or be downgraded onto a level 4 Apprenticeship.
Tiranie
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi was just wondering if you had heard anything regarding the apprenticeship I too am in the matching pool having applied in May
hurricane27
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi guys, I'm the original thread started but I forgot my password! :/

I applied to the Degree Apprenticeship scheme in 2018, and literally received my offer last week! I am over the moon! Thank-you Fatcoin I rang them when my offer came through and they've opened a case with the uni which seems to have worked!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (49)
24.62%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (64)
32.16%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (37)
18.59%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (17)
8.54%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (32)
16.08%

Watched Threads