The Student Room Group

Lmaooooooo im useless and I need help

People keep telling me that it's up to me to choose a course to apply to and I know that, what annoys me is that I don't know what to do, I got all the grades I could possible need and I was slightly hoping that I'd get worse grades so that I could be narrowed down to what I could do. If that sounds ridiculous to you, I know, but I'm not you and I'm slightly stupid and inconsiderate and whatever.

My choice before was Journalism, seeing as my subjects were narrowing down to that - (Maths, English, Modern Studies, Art, Biology) - that was Scottish Highers, and I achieved A grades on them. But, now that I've done more research, there is not really anything about it that interests me. I did speak to a lady at Edinburgh University and she said that I should take a broader course like International Relations but then again, I did Modern Studies but HATED politics.

I'm also aware of the clubs and societies that I could do in regards of something like journalism so I could still get practical practice if that is ever to be a choice in the future.

But. I have always been the creative type and I really wanted to do a job in the creative industries. Not art, but I'm good at writing and I am really interested in the film industry. I wanted to do acting but then again, that is something that you can do little with apart from becoming an actor, which you don't necessarily need a degree in.

The problem also lies in the fact that I want to do something that could potentially lead to a well-paid job as I come from a poor income, so I think I'm willing to sacrifice the wants of doing something creative as I know that they are not well-paid, and most of the things that you can do are always put to the chance of luck.

So my question is. Wth do I do?????? I don't want to have a gap year though :/

Any suggestions or advice?
Original post by jessica1677
People keep telling me that it's up to me to choose a course to apply to and I know that, what annoys me is that I don't know what to do, I got all the grades I could possible need and I was slightly hoping that I'd get worse grades so that I could be narrowed down to what I could do. If that sounds ridiculous to you, I know, but I'm not you and I'm slightly stupid and inconsiderate and whatever.

My choice before was Journalism, seeing as my subjects were narrowing down to that - (Maths, English, Modern Studies, Art, Biology) - that was Scottish Highers, and I achieved A grades on them. But, now that I've done more research, there is not really anything about it that interests me. I did speak to a lady at Edinburgh University and she said that I should take a broader course like International Relations but then again, I did Modern Studies but HATED politics.

I'm also aware of the clubs and societies that I could do in regards of something like journalism so I could still get practical practice if that is ever to be a choice in the future.

But. I have always been the creative type and I really wanted to do a job in the creative industries. Not art, but I'm good at writing and I am really interested in the film industry. I wanted to do acting but then again, that is something that you can do little with apart from becoming an actor, which you don't necessarily need a degree in.

The problem also lies in the fact that I want to do something that could potentially lead to a well-paid job as I come from a poor income, so I think I'm willing to sacrifice the wants of doing something creative as I know that they are not well-paid, and most of the things that you can do are always put to the chance of luck.

So my question is. Wth do I do?????? I don't want to have a gap year though :/

Any suggestions or advice?

would something broad like an arts and science or liberal arts degree be something that interests you?
law? finance? biology? marine/human biology?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending