The Student Room Group

Is it possible girls abuse boys at similar rates that boys abuse girls?

we tend to normalise the former in society.
For example if a woman says she will assault her husband if he goes out, she will have people laugh, reverse the roles and then you have an issue.
I have also noticed that a lot of emotionally manipulative things are also normalised when a woman does them such as hitting or stracthing/ pinching or commting other acts of blackmail or violence to her boyfriend when she wants attention or for him to do/ not do something.
We also seem to normalise the toxic 'Crazy girlfriend/wife' as if committing DV is funny.
I have even heard the argument that women rape men at similar rates but we gloss over it as a society and men under report rape more than women because of this social stigma.
Hell forced to penetrate is not in rape laws in the UK SO A WOMAN CAN'T BE CHARGED WITH IT.
But what do you think?
And estimated 1 in 4 women will be abused by their partner at some point in their lives. For men, this is 1 in 6. I do think male victims of domestic abuse are overlooked. My uncle was hospitalised by his wife...

For anyone wondering about male victims of domestic abuse, look up ‘Alex Skeel’.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending