Is it possible girls abuse boys at similar rates that boys abuse girls? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
we tend to normalise the former in society.
For example if a woman says she will assault her husband if he goes out, she will have people laugh, reverse the roles and then you have an issue.
I have also noticed that a lot of emotionally manipulative things are also normalised when a woman does them such as hitting or stracthing/ pinching or commting other acts of blackmail or violence to her boyfriend when she wants attention or for him to do/ not do something.
We also seem to normalise the toxic 'Crazy girlfriend/wife' as if committing DV is funny.
I have even heard the argument that women rape men at similar rates but we gloss over it as a society and men under report rape more than women because of this social stigma.
Hell forced to penetrate is not in rape laws in the UK SO A WOMAN CAN'T BE CHARGED WITH IT.
But what do you think?
WhatIsLife1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
And estimated 1 in 4 women will be abused by their partner at some point in their lives. For men, this is 1 in 6. I do think male victims of domestic abuse are overlooked. My uncle was hospitalised by his wife...

For anyone wondering about male victims of domestic abuse, look up ‘Alex Skeel’.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (10)
6.71%
They might tell the bully (16)
10.74%
I don't think they'd understand (27)
18.12%
It might lead to more bullying (55)
36.91%
There's nothing they could do (41)
27.52%

Watched Threads