The Student Room Group

Masturbating Housemate.....

so yeah.... quite an awkward topic!

I've been living in a student house for the past 7-8 months and everythings been fine. Only last night I noticed my housemate (whos in the room next to mine) was making a repeating friction sought of sound when I was trying to sleep.

At first I thought it could be anything but after 15 minutes of hearing his bed knock against my wall, it really got irritating and i felt sick:confused: . Now things are really awkward and I cant look at him in the eye anymore.

Part of me wants to kill him, another wants me to keep quiet. The thing is we've recently signed a contract to live in the same house next year which makes things worse!

Do I tell him? If so how?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
just for masturbating? you can;t really have a say with what someone does in the privacy of their own quarters, would you prefer he done it in your bedroom or the living room?
Reply 2
wait wait. you don't want to talk to your friend because you were aware of his masturbation on one occasion?????
i've heard all my housemates having sex at various times in the year, even heard my friends having sex in the kitchen next to my room once!!
to be honest you can only complain if you never ever do it yourself
Reply 3
Perhaps he was jumping on the bed?
Reply 4
i think your being a bit ott.

Surley you could just listen to music loud for 15mins.

If you cant look him in the eye how do you look any other men in the eye cause nearly all men do masturbate.
Reply 5
I think that the most sensible option is to say nothing. Yes it can be a bit aquard but what can you do masturbation is something that most people do, you just happen to have heard one of your housemates. It is one of the joys of student living you tend to be able to hear everything that is going on in the next room and it can be embarrassing but you will get used to it and be able to laugh about it one day.
Reply 6
This is what noise-cancelling earphones are for :biggrin:

They will be my saviour when I move in with one of my best friends and her boyfriend next year, if only to save my embarrassment haha...
meh its normal, suggest her moves his room around so the bed isnt on you wall!

or do it back twice as loud!
Reply 8
Are you female? don't you tickle your fanny? Well then! It's natural, he was doing so in the PRIVACY OF HIS OWN ROOM! :rolleyes:
Reply 9
What are you going to say to the poor boy ? Erm could you stop masturbating kthnxbai! No matter what you think a large proportion of men do it, He's in his own room so let him get on with it, I would understand if he started doing it in the kitchen or the living room or your bedroom. Everyone gets sexually frustrated, masturbation happens to be quite convenient for a release.
Reply 10
You could argue that masterbation is healthy, etc. It sounds like it's you with the real problem, and while I appreciate it can be cringeworthy to hear your housemates at it (be it by their own hand :wink: ), I can't imagine 'confronting' them will do anything to ease the awkwardness you are feeling.

If you do want to bring it up (so to speak :wink:) then may be doing so in passing, and in a "OMG you were active last night :wink:" kind of way might be enough to make them consider if they are being disruptive next time. Confrontation will probably be horrific!
You can have worse housemates than that.

If you're really bothered about it ask him it he heard a knocking last night. It wont make it too uncomfortable but may embaress him into being more, erm, discrete... :p:
get over yourself. if he wants to masterbate in his own room then whats wrong with that.
Reply 13
I don't see anything wrong with it, most people do it.

If it really bothers you though why don't you go into his room and move his bed ever so slightly away from his wall so that when he does do the deed his bed won't knock against it.
Reply 14
Anonymous

Do I tell him? If so how?

Do you tell him?

tell him what, that last night he was having a ****? you told need to tell him what he already knows, whats wrong with u
Reply 15
you what?? sorry i don't get what the question it
(edited 3 years ago)
Oh, all right! So shoot me, I was whacking off! That's right, I was choking the bishop, chafing the carrot, you know, saying "hi" to my monster!
Get real. You can't complain about it. It's a fact of life.
Reply 18
I hear the guy in the room next to me masturbating a lot. (at least I think I do) I say next time you hear him, sneak into his room and give him a hand. :wink:

Seriously, I'm afraid there's not that much that you can do. Try to ignore it, or like someone else said, try jokingly saying "you were busy last night".

Good luck.
Reply 19
"you know... you make a really weird noise when you cum... what do girls think about that?"

Latest

Trending

Trending