manusha.12345
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
some people might think it's waste of time but if someome really helps me will have blessings from god plzz help mee

hi everyone,how are you guys hope everyone must be chilling...
but I am not I really need your help firstly, I need really need help how to write answer language paper 1 question 5 I mean how to describe the picture . Secondly, how to structure language literature questions such as Macbeth, an inspector calls and Jekyll hyde questions. Lastly, what structure can we use to compare poem like some people say pee paragraph but I don't know which one is correct one so plz guys help me ……god bless you guys for trying to help me.
Nihilisticb*tch
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
There is no "correct" way to structure your answer and really there isn't much of a need to follow any of those acronyms and sometimes I feel like they make your essay sound robotic and unoriginal.

The way to do well in analysis of Jeckyll and Hyde, macbeth etc is to make sure you analyse every aspect of each quote. So analyse language, structure, context and if possible link it to something else such as a theme or another quote. Think of all the quotes you can remember about whatever the question asks and try to do this for all of the quotes. Don't be afraid to write massive paragraphs about a single quote. For poetry you should think of a quote from one of the poems and think of a quote that is similar from the other poem or a quote that links in some way but is slightly different and analyse both fully and talk about how they are similar/different.

I can't really help you with language question 5 because I was never very good at that. I hope my advice has helped in some way.
manusha.12345
Rep:
(Original post by Nihilisticb*tch)
There is no "correct" way to structure your answer and really there isn't much of a need to follow any of those acronyms and sometimes I feel like they make your essay sound robotic and unoriginal.

The way to do well in analysis of Jeckyll and Hyde, macbeth etc is to make sure you analyse every aspect of each quote. So analyse language, structure, context and if possible link it to something else such as a theme or another quote. Think of all the quotes you can remember about whatever the question asks and try to do this for all of the quotes. Don't be afraid to write massive paragraphs about a single quote. For poetry you should think of a quote from one of the poems and think of a quote that is similar from the other poem or a quote that links in some way but is slightly different and analyse both fully and talk about how they are similar/different.

I can't really help you with language question 5 because I was never very good at that. I hope my advice has helped in some way.
Thank you god bless you it was helping quitee i'll try my bestt thanks again
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
acronyms aren't super helpful; looking up the mark schemes for each of the questions and printing them off will be a useful guideline for your answers and just giving it some sort of structure is probably more helpful. petal can be helpful though for analysing quotes/words etc- point, evidence, technique, analysis, link back to question.

think outside the box for question 5 in the lang paper; you need to immerse yourself in the environment within that image eg. all the senses, emotions, thoughts and changes in the environment. i always found it helpful to like, throughout the description, walk through this image/environment, to experience everything and to give the description some sort of depth.

moving this to english
manusha.12345
Rep:
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
acronyms aren't super helpful; looking up the mark schemes for each of the questions and printing them off will be a useful guideline for your answers and just giving it some sort of structure is probably more helpful. petal can be helpful though for analysing quotes/words etc- point, evidence, technique, analysis, link back to question.

think outside the box for question 5 in the lang paper; you need to immerse yourself in the environment within that image eg. all the senses, emotions, thoughts and changes in the environment. i always found it helpful to like, throughout the description, walk through this image/environment, to experience everything and to give the description some sort of depth.

moving this to english
Thats what i was thinking for question 5 but we need to pit similes metaphor etcc i get stuck like seriously how to make powerful metaphors and personifications etccc😩😩
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by manusha.12345)
Thats what i was thinking for question 5 but we need to pit similes metaphor etcc i get stuck like seriously how to make powerful metaphors and personifications etccc😩😩
this kinda thing will only become better with practice try writing some creative writing pieces at home and be imaginative, but make sure the description flows
username3973192
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
this kinda thing will only become better with practice try writing some creative writing pieces at home and be imaginative, but make sure the description flows
Yep practicing creative writing makes a hell of a difference.
Tolgash
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by thestudent33)
Yep practicing creative writing makes a hell of a difference.
I think just writing in general does. I never practised a creative writing question under exam conditions (apart from school), and it didn't hurt me. I think it only makes 'a hell of a difference' for some students.
Egmanfield
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
For the creative writing in question 5, when describing the picture, focus on different aspects of the picture: imagine you're zooming in! Describe each bit in detail. Similes, metaphors, personification, malaphors, etc. Write it like a story!
You could choose to write the short story as well!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
20.69%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
12.64%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.75%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (15)
17.24%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (19)
21.84%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
21.84%

Watched Threads