Updated 17th August!! Medicine Clearing for 2019 Entry Watch

sotor
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by student0299)
You’ll probably have to check individual university websites but usually I think clearing is for home students. However contact any unis that go into clearing and ask them
(Original post by _aries)
Hey guys,I'm an international student waitlisted for 2 unis. Do you know if clearing is open to international students too?
clearing is open to international students:
  • Applied through UCAS at an earlier stage (including after 30 June)
  • Been rejected by their firm and insurance choices
  • Applied to a course before 30 June, but were not made an offer
  • Qualified academically for a firm or insurance offer but have decided not to take it up
  • Have paid the full £22 application fee to enter Clearing.
Last edited by sotor; 3 months ago
_aries
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by student0299)
You’ll probably have to check individual university websites but usually I think clearing is for home students. However contact any unis that go into clearing and ask them
(Original post by sotor)
clearing is open to any student with a ucas account, including international. you don't even have to have applied previously to enter clearing
Thank you for the responses! That's fantastic. Do you happen to know which unis will be open for clearing this cycle? Or is that info not disclosed yet? I'll keep my eyes open for that. Thank you again
sotor
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Thank you for the responses! That's fantastic. Do you happen to know which unis will be open for clearing this cycle? Or is that info not disclosed yet? I'll keep my eyes open for that. Thank you again
sorry, i updated my post because i checked another website and there are some conditions, but i believe you would qualify anyway. if youre not sure, DM ucas on twitter. they can give you specific advice and theyre very helpful.

and i believe universities that will be in clearing will be posted online from July, but some unis indicate before that they might be in clearing.
_aries
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by sotor)
sorry, i updated my post because i checked another website and there are some conditions, but i believe you would qualify anyway. if youre not sure, DM ucas on twitter. they can give you specific advice and theyre very helpful.

and i believe universities that will be in clearing will be posted online from July, but some unis indicate before that they might be in clearing.
Ahh yes, no worries, the conditions seem fine. I think I'll still qualify. Really appreciate you checking it up for me And that's understandable, only thing I'm truly worried about is 1) my UKCAT since I got 2470 (I know it's terrible) and 2) I'm aware home students will have the advantage of making calls to the unis directly, but since I'm overseas I don't have that privilege and emails may not be spontaneous enough ;-;
sotor
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Ahh yes, no worries, the conditions seem fine. I think I'll still qualify. Really appreciate you checking it up for me And that's understandable, only thing I'm truly worried about is 1) my UKCAT since I got 2470 (I know it's terrible) and 2) I'm aware home students will have the advantage of making calls to the unis directly, but since I'm overseas I don't have that privilege and emails may not be spontaneous enough ;-;
there's no way of knowing whether your score is enough, so try not to stress out about it. you can always apply next year! you'll be in medicine for the long haul anyway, another year might even be good for your overall career (more mature, more experience, more determined etc)

i do think not being able to call could be quite frustrating for you on the day. how far away are you? it might be worth visiting the uk for a day or two around results day or getting some kind of international calling plan just for a month (my family have one on our landline to call home)
_aries
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by sotor)
there's no way of knowing whether your score is enough, so try not to stress out about it. you can always apply next year! you'll be in medicine for the long haul anyway, another year might even be good for your overall career (more mature, more experience, more determined etc)

i do think not being able to call could be quite frustrating for you on the day. how far away are you? it might be worth visiting the uk for a day or two around results day or getting some kind of international calling plan just for a month (my family have one on our landline to call home)
Mm, there's that. But I graduated from IB last November and frankly this whole year is like a default gap year for me, I'd like not to waste another year. I have another Med offer overseas but.... It's not the same (lots of recognition complications with that). So if not UK, I'll end up going there.

I'm all the way in SE Asia haha, quite far. That's actually smart, thank you! An international plan for a month sounds decent. I'll sort that one out. Cheers for the advice! ^^ Are you waiting on unis to get back?
sotor
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Mm, there's that. But I graduated from IB last November and frankly this whole year is like a default gap year for me, I'd like not to waste another year. I have another Med offer overseas but.... It's not the same (lots of recognition complications with that). So if not UK, I'll end up going there.

I'm all the way in SE Asia haha, quite far. That's actually smart, thank you! An international plan for a month sounds decent. I'll sort that one out. Cheers for the advice! ^^ Are you waiting on unis to get back?
ah yeah that might be a bit far to pop over hahah. congrats on having a medicine offer, thats fantastic even if its not your preferred choice

I'm actually quite fortunate to have all my offers back and I've firmed and all now. Just waiting to get my A level grades now!
_aries
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by sotor)
ah yeah that might be a bit far to pop over hahah. congrats on having a medicine offer, thats fantastic even if its not your preferred choice

I'm actually quite fortunate to have all my offers back and I've firmed and all now. Just waiting to get my A level grades now!
Thank youu Yeah the whole situation is stressful rn haha. But it’ll be all over in a few months thankfully. That’s actually incredible, congrats! Hope everything goes well for you ^^ Where did you firm?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
sotor
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Thank youu Yeah the whole situation is stressful rn haha. But it’ll be all over in a few months thankfully. That’s actually incredible, congrats! Hope everything goes well for you ^^ Where did you firm?
best of luck to you! hope it all works out

oxford is my firm and edinburgh my insurance
_aries
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by sotor)
best of luck to you! hope it all works out

oxford is my firm and edinburgh my insurance
oh my, bless, so happy for you! hoping for the best for the both of us
sotor
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
oh my, bless, so happy for you! hoping for the best for the both of us
thank you so much!
scavo86
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Is A101 ever ever ever available through Clearing
Royal Oak
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by scavo86)
Is A101 ever ever ever available through Clearing
I don't think there has ever been an A101 course in clearing. That's not to say graduates may not have applied to the A100 courses available.
Lostx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Why is it that when I was applying for A100, clearing for Medicine was completely unheard of, whereas now it is popular?
Royal Oak
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Lostx)
Why is it that when I was applying for A100, clearing for Medicine was completely unheard of, whereas now it is popular?
I'm going to guess a combination of:
a) Medical schools having more places.
b) Shake up in A-level system means that more people aren't meeting their offers and medical schools have places free.

Keep in mind it's usually the same medical schools which go through clearing. At least it has been in the past
Siaa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Royal Oak)
I'm going to guess a combination of:
a) Medical schools having more places.
b) Shake up in A-level system means that more people aren't meeting their offers and medical schools have places free.

Keep in mind it's usually the same medical schools which go through clearing. At least it has been in the past
Do you reckon any applicant who achieves AAB on the result day should not try in clearing?
Royal Oak
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Siaa)
Do you reckon any applicant who achieves AAB on the result day should not try in clearing?
Has said applicant applied for medicine in that cycle?
Siaa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Royal Oak)
Has said applicant applied for medicine in that cycle?
Sorry, couldnt understand what you trying to say.
r09101
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
SAME!
Saltystud3nt
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
There's spaces in UCAS extra for medicine at Sheffield (2019 entry)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.75%
Excited (150)
8.98%
Worried (302)
18.07%
Terrified (374)
22.38%
Meh (154)
9.22%
Confused (37)
2.21%