The Student Room Group

Palacky University 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FireKebab
All the programmes end up awarding a Masters degree but you apply from school. This is the general standard in Europe.

So you study your undergraduate degree for 5/6 years then graduate with a postgraduate (master's) degree?
Reply 21
Original post by Mohammadyassin
So you study your undergraduate degree for 5/6 years then graduate with a postgraduate (master's) degree?

No, it is simply awarded as a Masters degree. This appears to be the same as most of Europe.
Hi!
I'm applying to the same universities you have applied (just through an agency) and was hoping if you could answer some questions because I'm giving the entrance exams in less than 2 weeks now.
Just want to know whether you're given/allowed to use a calculator for the duration of the exam(s) and whether you get a periodic table to use.
Also, what is (generally) the time limit for the entrance exams. I understand you're given all three (total 4) subject-wise papers in one go.
I applied and registered for the entrance exams for Charles HK, Masaryk, and Palacky. You?
No I believe no calculators or Periodic Tables are allowed. As for the time allowed I think you have about 2 hours and 45 minutes in total for all 3 exams. Best of Luck! Also doing my exams 2 weeks from now
Original post by Mehrab2000
Hi!
I'm applying to the same universities you have applied (just through an agency) and was hoping if you could answer some questions because I'm giving the entrance exams in less than 2 weeks now.
Just want to know whether you're given/allowed to use a calculator for the duration of the exam(s) and whether you get a periodic table to use.
Also, what is (generally) the time limit for the entrance exams. I understand you're given all three (total 4) subject-wise papers in one go.
Reply 24
Original post by Mehrab2000
Hi!

For Palacky they give you a periodic table and you can have a scientific calculator
Oh okay, good to know; thanks for the clarification
Original post by FireKebab
For Palacky they give you a periodic table and you can have a scientific calculator
Reply 26
Original post by Zaibmalik
I'm on the course for Dentistry in September 2019 at Palacky university. I did the exam and it's not that hard. Anyone studying Dentistry there rn?

Well done. May see you in September but aiming for Charles First Faculty. Would accept Palacky however!
I applied and sat entrance exams last year, I got into Palacky for dentistry but deferred for a year... maybe I’ll see you there this year!
I applied and registered for the entrance exams for Charles HK, Masaryk, and Palacky. You?

Original post by Kitz25
Anyone applying for Dentistry at any Czech uni's this year?

Original post by zmalikkk
I'm on the course for Dentistry in September 2019 at Palacky university. I did the exam and it's not that hard. Anyone studying Dentistry there rn?
Original post by kironkabir
just to let anyone know who is still considering Palacky, I've heard that they have raised their tuition fees, whereas Masaryk is a bit lower in comparison.

(Current Masaryk student)

may I know how is Masaryk. are the facilities and lecturers good. Are you liking it there? Is there discrimination as I have heard of it being present.
Reply 29
Original post by zmalikkk
I talked to a teacher at Palacky and she said Dentistry is better at Palqcky tha Charles. I really wanted to go Charles too but now I've settled with Palacky! Do tell me if you join itt

have you joined already? and if so then how is it because even im considering going to palacky for dentistry
Original post by gadandjo1008
may I know how is Masaryk. are the facilities and lecturers good. Are you liking it there? Is there discrimination as I have heard of it being present.

Masarky is the best. Facilities are modern. There is no discrimination against foreign students. Never had any issues
Original post by kironkabir
Masarky is the best. Facilities are modern. There is no discrimination against foreign students. Never had any issues

thanks for the reply
may I also ask where you might do your further studies after medical school

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending