The Student Room Group

Do I mention dropping out on UCAS?

Hello all,
I've decided to drop out of uni 3 weeks into my course. I know that it's very soon but I was very unhappy there and couldn't continue without ruining my mental health. I didn't live there so I'm not homesick and I regret going to a local uni doing a course that wasn't right for me. Anyway, given how I didn't do any assessments there, will I need to declare going there for 3 weeks on my UCAS application? And will a reference from my old college suffice given how I only left a few months ago?

Many thanks :smile:
Original post by Geek5
Hello all,
I've decided to drop out of uni 3 weeks into my course. I know that it's very soon but I was very unhappy there and couldn't continue without ruining my mental health. I didn't live there so I'm not homesick and I regret going to a local uni doing a course that wasn't right for me. Anyway, given how I didn't do any assessments there, will I need to declare going there for 3 weeks on my UCAS application? And will a reference from my old college suffice given how I only left a few months ago?

Many thanks :smile:

Yes you need to declare all places that you have studied.

It wouldn’t make sense to try to use a reference from somewhere you only attended for 3 weeks. Maybe speak to your referee to get them to briefly explain why you have dropped out.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Yes you need to declare all places that you have studied.

It wouldn’t make sense to try to use a reference from somewhere you only attended for 3 weeks. Maybe speak to your referee to get them to briefly explain why you have dropped out.

Thank you. Will dropping out affect my chance of ever getting into a decent university? I have the a level grades but it looks really bad that I left after 3 weeks and I'm worried better universities won't want to come near me.
Original post by Geek5
Thank you. Will dropping out affect my chance of ever getting into a decent university? I have the a level grades but it looks really bad that I left after 3 weeks and I'm worried better universities won't want to come near me.

Making a mistake and then taking action to put things right isn’t something universities will hold against you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending