Ejgill123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, I’m study physiotherapy and am in my first year. I’ve been trying really hard to stay on top of all my work but I’m just feeling really tired burntout and just overall exhausted. I don’t have any motivation to go out/join clubs/ talk to people in my flat. So I just hide away in my room doing work til late at night. I’m at home for the weekend and even now, when not doing work I’m exhausted and just want to lie in bed all day. Can someone try and make sense of this for me? Am I sick? Is this normal? Will it get better? It’s making me question whether it’s something I wanna do
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ejgill123)
Hi, I’m study physiotherapy and am in my first year. I’ve been trying really hard to stay on top of all my work but I’m just feeling really tired burntout and just overall exhausted. I don’t have any motivation to go out/join clubs/ talk to people in my flat. So I just hide away in my room doing work til late at night. I’m at home for the weekend and even now, when not doing work I’m exhausted and just want to lie in bed all day. Can someone try and make sense of this for me? Am I sick? Is this normal? Will it get better? It’s making me question whether it’s something I wanna do
Check you are eating and sleeping ok.
Talk to your coursemates whether they are just as tired.

Do make the effort with flatmates and get across you arent being anti social just knackered.
Hiding in your room sounds dull and counterproductive . Make a small effort even if its just sharing a hot drink in the kitchen and chatting.

If you continue to be run down check for things like iron deficiency or vitamin B.
RenéDescartes
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Try cocaine
Ashuuki
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Mood. I'm in my final year of college so not got it quite as bad as you, but I had to email my art teacher this morning and tell him that I didn't want to be alive anymore due to workload and chronic illness, and needed an extension on the final deadline. That was after me not showing up to lesson for a week. I haven't eaten in.. a while. It's tough, but we'll both get through it ! Things always brighten up eventually
Last edited by Ashuuki; 11 months ago
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Two ports of call would be useful: your university's study skills department and your GP. You can tell study skills/student support about your work patterns, and discuss whether there are more effective ways of doing what you are doing whilst still having free time to relax and do hobbies. Your GP should be able to identify if there are any underlying medical causes for your exhaustion - hopefully there isn't, but if there is, there may be a way to manage it.

Are you currently enjoying what you're studying? How are your marks looking?
WazzWazz98
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
you are just that - burnt out. You need a break and a change of scene. Even a five-ten minute walk every morning without fail. Take things one step at a time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (173)
58.84%
I don't have everything I need (121)
41.16%

Watched Threads