How do i become more creative?

Watch
username4147692
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
guys i have really bad creativity.so how do i simply become more creative n imaginative..?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Creative in what?
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by x.nesu)
guys i have really bad creativity.so how do i simply become more creative n imaginative..?
Some people are born to be artists. Some aren't. Sorry.
username4147692
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ciel.)
well im acc really good at art.. i mean in like writing..
username4147692
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Creative in what?
writing
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
well im acc really good at art.. i mean in like writing..
Practice then. Start with short stories. Music helps a lot, listen to inspiring music, surround yourself with inspiration, read a lot, watch a lot of good movies.
username4147692
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ciel.)
Practice then. Start with short stories. Music helps a lot, listen to inspiring music, surround yourself with inspiration, read a lot, watch a lot of good movies.
r there any good books as well as movies u would recommend?
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
r there any good books as well as movies u would reccoment?
Hmm, too many too list, lol. But you should first focus on finding what genre interests you the most, and go from there.
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
Agree, as an artist am of the opinion you can't teach art. Yes you can teach technique like light and shadow but you either have the talent and that sort of brain or you don't.

Moved to creative corner
History_helper.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You will be creative, you either just don’t listen to the voice (force it, draw houses, write stories) or you just aren’t confident in your creativity (like you think it’s simple or generic ideas) so it’s basic
Trust Orang
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Generally speaking, creativity is a rare trait anyway, and even if you have it, it is mostly fixed. Exposing yourself to novel situations can temporarily increase your ability to be creative, psychologically speaking. So just do weird stuff to see how it feels.
Coolkitkat23
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well look at what your doing wrong, then make something intresting a habit, like drawing, that boosts your creativity or mind games. There a lot of things that make a person creative; but I'm not sure what your specifying.
username4147692
Rep:
?
(Original post by Coolkitkat23)
Well look at what your doing wrong, then make something intresting a habit, like drawing, that boosts your creativity or mind games. There a lot of things that make a person creative; but I'm not sure what your specifying.
like creative writing
username4147692
Rep:
?
(Original post by History_helper.)
You will be creative, you either just don’t listen to the voice (force it, draw houses, write stories) or you just aren’t confident in your creativity (like you think it’s simple or generic ideas) so it’s basic
omggg thats so true..its just that im not confident in my creativity..
History_helper.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
omggg thats so true..its just that im not confident in my creativity..
Close your eyes when you’re going to bed and think of a castle and then the lands around it and then the people in the castle. I think that’s a bit more creative than a house because it’s something you have been in a lot
Danelius
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
"Being creative means solving a problem in a new way.

It means changing your perspective.

Being creative means taking risks and ignoring doubt and facing fears.

It means breaking with routine and doing something different for the sake of doing something different.

It means mapping out a thousand different routes to reach one destination.

It means challenging yourself every day.

Being creative means searching for inspiration in even the most mundane places.

It means you’re asking stupid questions.

It means creating without critiquing.

Being creative means you know how to find the similarities and differences between two completely random ideas.

Being creative means you’re thinking."
FloralHybrid
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
Doesn’t mean all successful artists came out of the womb destined to hold a paintbrush.

Talent (granted) and Hard-work are the combination for creativity and success in that field. If you’re lacking one, you can make up for it in another. But, yes, it’s considerably easier if you’re naturally gifted.
mmmonowar
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello! You don’t need to strive so hard to be creative. I am a writer and I am not creative all the time. The best advice I can give is that, watch. Watch others, read others, see how they use the words, the images, feel how they mix their emotions into the lines. Also, don’t hold off when you’re writing. Write whatever you want. But when publishing, edit that stuff well so that others find it easy to read. Keep writing, and it’ll just come to you. Best of luck!
Luke9380
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
IMO just create as much creative peices as possible and it will become more second nature sort of like driving a car is
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (255)
57.17%
I don't have everything I need (191)
42.83%

Watched Threads