The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Kick her out the school.

If this was a racially motivated attack that is, and not just an everyday scuffle.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
She used the headscarf to cover her face so she couldn't defend the blows :O what a strategic mastermind that young girl is.
this happened in my school too

wasn't racially motivated either it was just a fight and one muslim who doesn't wear a hijab took off the hijab off another girl

they're super close anyway and both agreed it was completely inappropriate when they became besties again. but i mean everyone was bare shook that she did that no one spoke to her for agesss even though she was popular

the same thing probably happened in this scenario as well

not sure why it's newsworthy but it's local so eh
There doesn’t seem to be enough in this video to call the attacker a bully and it also doesn’t seem that her that she targeted the headscarf, it just seems it came off in the scuffle. Big deal over nothing really.
Reply 5
This. If you're having a fight like that, anything goes. The fact that the Muslim girl had her scarf ripped off is more to do with the fact that it was there - and therefore fair game, as far as a fight is concerned - than "oo let's insult the Muslim".
Reply 6
I also accept hugs :ahee:
How do you know she didn’t pull her headscarf off in the same way that you’d pull of someone’s hat (even hair) in a fight, as opppsoed to fighting because she wanted to take her headscarf off?

There’s a big difference.
What did the girl in the headscarf say to the other girl? The video doesn’t show that.
Why is the girl in the headscarf being made out to be a victim?
Teen girls get gobby with each other all the time and are as handy with their fists as boys are.
It’s a playground fight. It happens all over the country on a daily basis.
Reply 9
:hugs:
This happened in my school once these two yr7 girls had a fight one wore a hijab and one didn't and the girl who didn't ripped the girls hijab off her head and the other girl chased around the building and then told a teacher about it and that girl was made to apologise
Girls automatically go for the hair in a fight. There is more to this story than is being told here. It’s possible that it might have been brewing for days.
I just really love hugs :woo:
Original post by Seamus123
Girls automatically go for the hair in a fight. There is more to this story than is being told here. It’s possible that it might have been brewing for days.

We need more context, did the girl not wearing the scarf randomly lunge at the other? Or had they been arguing verbally all day?
Original post by Andrew97
We need more context, did the girl not wearing the scarf randomly lunge at the other? Or had they been arguing verbally all day?

It only takes a look. Doesn’t even have to be verbal. Being egged on by peers exacerbates these situations, so what may just have been a minor disagreement over spilled into something the Press have latched onto. Irresponsible reporting, trying to whip up racial conflict without the full facts.
Wow that's disgusting. That girl should be severely punished but also educated. Racists will continue to be racists if all we do is punish them rather than educate them.
One has to wonder at times how human beings can become like rabid animals towards one another. Put aside physical altercation, women can humiliate other women and form matriarchies predicated on intense resentment, jealousy, and emotional abuse.
If you had told me when I was in school that one day minor school brawls would make it to the papers, I would never have believed it.

Absolute non story.
This is nothing but classic race baiting.
If you go on YouTube you can find hours of clips young girls and women fighting each other the first thing they do is grab the hair of their opponent whether in a scarf or not.
It is the female equivalent of men trying to get the first punch in.
School kids scuffle and a headscarf comes off. Big deal. It's an exposed piece of clothing that would tend to be grabbed in a fight. This shouldn't be a news story. Making it a news story wrongfully implies something Islamophobic was going on when there is zero evidence of anything like that. And even so, petty school fights are hardly newsworthy. The mindless PC drones and Islamic apologists on this forum are already taking the bait.