cbains02
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Ok so it is the half term and I’m in year 12. I’ve got homework but i was wondering how much should I revise daily?
Infinite Series
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by cbains02)
Ok so it is the half term and I’m in year 12. I’ve got homework but i was wondering how much should I revise daily?
Do you have any exams soon?
cbains02
Rep:
?
(Original post by Infinite Series)
Do you have any exams soon?
Mocks just before december holidays
username4302598
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Was planning to just review/ redo work done so far and some practice questions, so I can get a grip of the new mark schemes. Keep in mind I don't have any major tests until December/ November ish. How about you?
Guarddyyy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You should aim to do about 8 hours for each subject. At my college, you have 4 1/2 hours of lessons a week and are expected to do at least 4 hours outside of each subject per week.

Just remember to NOT leave revision to the last minute, but you are in sixth form so you do how much you feel you need to do.
Infinite Series
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Mocks just before december holidays
If you wake up early every day in the holidays, you'll have a lot of time to study and also enough time to chill so that you don't burn yourself out. If I were in your position, i'd try to do 8 hours of work every day in the holidays. This should be enough to get A's in all your subjects.
cbains02
Rep:
?
If you wake up early every day in the holidays, you'll have a lot of time to study and also enough time to chill so that you don't burn yourself out. If I were in your position, i'd tyr to do 8 hours of work every day in the holidays. This should be enough to get 8s/9s in all your subjects.
I find it difficult to wake up early i was trying to aim for around 4 hours a day, saying that ive only done about 2 hours today :/
Infinite Series
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I find it difficult to wake up early i was trying to aim for around 4 hours a day, saying that ive only done about 2 hours today :/
4 hours is enough if you're effective with your time.
Don't worry if you haven't done much yet, you've still got time. Just make the most out of the rest of your days leading up to the exams.
Let me know if you're feeling lazy and need motivation
bigmanjj
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
[QUOTE=Infinite Series;80255640]4 hours is enough if you're effective with your time. But it really depends on what grades you're aiming to get in your mocks.
You could still get all 8s doing 4 hours a day, but all 9s would be a stretch.

Don't worry if you haven't done much yet, you've still got time. Just make the most out of the rest of your days leading up to the exams.
Let me know if you're feeling lazy and need motivation [/
She/he is in year 12 therefore not GCSE so they don’t receive 1-9 but A-U. Thank you.
Infinite Series
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by bigmanjj)
Are you stupid or just plain dumb. She/he is in year 12 therefore not GCSE so they don’t receive 1-9 but A-U. Thank you.
Cheers for letting me know. I was simultaneously replying to many GCSE students and so got confused, but my replies have now been edited accordingly for A-Levels.

Please don't be rude, many people here are giving up their time to help other students, so it isn't nice to say such things to them.
I'm letting you off lightly on this occasion, but you've violated Community Guidelines which is enough to get your account terminated.
bigmanjj
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Cheers for letting me know. I was simultaneously replying to many GCSE students and so got confused, but my replies have now been edited accordingly for A-Levels.

Please don't be rude, many people here are giving up their time to help other students, so it isn't nice to say such things to them.
I'm letting you off lightly on this occasion, but you've violated Community Guidelines which is enough to get your account terminated.
I’m sincerely apologising I didn’t comprehend how my actions would turn out.
cbains02
Rep:
?
4 hours is enough if you're effective with your time.
Let me know if you're feeling lazy and need motivation
Thanks for the replies, just procrastinating a lot and what I’m currently doing is attempting to make notes as well as doing the half term homework as i know making notes throughout the year will help me. I’m making notes on flashcards which I believe it to be effective?
Shiv7
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ultimately it comes down to whether you're a straight A* student, or one of the rest. The key to getting them A*s and leading the pack is the amount of work, both in the form of revision and reading ahead you manage to do. The more the better, and the harder you work now the nicer the results will be at the end.
Guarddyyy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sometimes to achieve the top grades, it's not about quantitative revision, but the way in which you revise, as Infinite said. You could spend 2 hours a week revising and get straight A*s. Explore some revision methods over the holiday if you're struggling to stay focused, find some questions on a topic you are struggling with/don't know and maybe spend 2 hours revising a topic then go out, play games, whatever and do those questions you couldn't do, to see if you can actually do them, or if you're still struggling in a certain area. If you are, spend a bit of time then move on to another subject, maybe revisit that topic you struggled with etc.
Infinite Series
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks for the replies, just procrastinating a lot and what I’m currently doing is attempting to make notes as well as doing the half term homework as i know making notes throughout the year will help me. I’m making notes on flashcards which I believe it to be effective?
I you take too long to make the flashcards, then you'll just be wasting time, which is what happened to me because i'm a slow writer, so I stopped making them.
It will be effective if you make the flashcards quickly and spend most of your time learning them and using the spaced-repetition technique.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (291)
65.54%
No (153)
34.46%

Watched Threads