Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok so it is the half term and I’m in year 12. I’ve got homework but i was wondering how much should I revise daily?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cbains02)
    Ok so it is the half term and I’m in year 12. I’ve got homework but i was wondering how much should I revise daily?
    Do you have any exams soon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinite Series)
    Do you have any exams soon?
    Mocks just before december holidays

ReputationRep:
    Was planning to just review/ redo work done so far and some practice questions, so I can get a grip of the new mark schemes. Keep in mind I don't have any major tests until December/ November ish. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    You should aim to do about 8 hours for each subject. At my college, you have 4 1/2 hours of lessons a week and are expected to do at least 4 hours outside of each subject per week.

Just remember to NOT leave revision to the last minute, but you are in sixth form so you do how much you feel you need to do.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Mocks just before december holidays
    If you wake up early every day in the holidays, you'll have a lot of time to study and also enough time to chill so that you don't burn yourself out. If I were in your position, i'd try to do 8 hours of work every day in the holidays. This should be enough to get A's in all your subjects.

ReputationRep:
    If you wake up early every day in the holidays, you'll have a lot of time to study and also enough time to chill so that you don't burn yourself out. If I were in your position, i'd tyr to do 8 hours of work every day in the holidays. This should be enough to get 8s/9s in all your subjects.
    I find it difficult to wake up early i was trying to aim for around 4 hours a day, saying that ive only done about 2 hours today :/
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I find it difficult to wake up early i was trying to aim for around 4 hours a day, saying that ive only done about 2 hours today :/
    4 hours is enough if you're effective with your time.
    Don't worry if you haven't done much yet, you've still got time. Just make the most out of the rest of your days leading up to the exams.
    Let me know if you're feeling lazy and need motivation

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Infinite Series;80255640]4 hours is enough if you're effective with your time. But it really depends on what grades you're aiming to get in your mocks.
    You could still get all 8s doing 4 hours a day, but all 9s would be a stretch.

Don't worry if you haven't done much yet, you've still got time. Just make the most out of the rest of your days leading up to the exams.
    Let me know if you're feeling lazy and need motivation [/
    She/he is in year 12 therefore not GCSE so they don’t receive 1-9 but A-U. Thank you.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by bigmanjj)
    Are you stupid or just plain dumb. She/he is in year 12 therefore not GCSE so they don’t receive 1-9 but A-U. Thank you.
    Cheers for letting me know. I was simultaneously replying to many GCSE students and so got confused, but my replies have now been edited accordingly for A-Levels.

Please don't be rude, many people here are giving up their time to help other students, so it isn't nice to say such things to them.
    I'm letting you off lightly on this occasion, but you've violated Community Guidelines which is enough to get your account terminated.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers for letting me know. I was simultaneously replying to many GCSE students and so got confused, but my replies have now been edited accordingly for A-Levels.

Please don't be rude, many people here are giving up their time to help other students, so it isn't nice to say such things to them.
    I'm letting you off lightly on this occasion, but you've violated Community Guidelines which is enough to get your account terminated.
    I’m sincerely apologising I didn’t comprehend how my actions would turn out.

ReputationRep:
    4 hours is enough if you're effective with your time.
    Let me know if you're feeling lazy and need motivation
    Thanks for the replies, just procrastinating a lot and what I’m currently doing is attempting to make notes as well as doing the half term homework as i know making notes throughout the year will help me. I’m making notes on flashcards which I believe it to be effective?

ReputationRep:
    Ultimately it comes down to whether you're a straight A* student, or one of the rest. The key to getting them A*s and leading the pack is the amount of work, both in the form of revision and reading ahead you manage to do. The more the better, and the harder you work now the nicer the results will be at the end.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes to achieve the top grades, it's not about quantitative revision, but the way in which you revise, as Infinite said. You could spend 2 hours a week revising and get straight A*s. Explore some revision methods over the holiday if you're struggling to stay focused, find some questions on a topic you are struggling with/don't know and maybe spend 2 hours revising a topic then go out, play games, whatever and do those questions you couldn't do, to see if you can actually do them, or if you're still struggling in a certain area. If you are, spend a bit of time then move on to another subject, maybe revisit that topic you struggled with etc.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Thanks for the replies, just procrastinating a lot and what I’m currently doing is attempting to make notes as well as doing the half term homework as i know making notes throughout the year will help me. I’m making notes on flashcards which I believe it to be effective?
    I you take too long to make the flashcards, then you'll just be wasting time, which is what happened to me because i'm a slow writer, so I stopped making them.
    It will be effective if you make the flashcards quickly and spend most of your time learning them and using the spaced-repetition technique.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.