Muslim and gay...? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Shumi2001
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I’m a muslim women who can’t help but not be attracted to men, but women. I refuse to give up my religion. One day I’m going to have to marry someone I’m not attracted to and I will never be happy. I will never know what love is. What should I do?...
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
OctoberRain7
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
If your personal religious beliefs will literally not allow you to be with a woman in any way (idk that much about Islam or how you interpret it but I know that some Muslims will allow themselves to be in some kind of gay relationship), you still won’t have to marry a man. You can just stay single
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Shumi2001)
I’m a muslim women who can’t help but not be attracted to men, but women. I refuse to give up my religion. One day I’m going to have to marry someone I’m not attracted to and I will never be happy. I will never know what love is. What should I do?...
Give up your religion, which is fake anyway, or live a miserable life, not like you have any other choices.
Andrew97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
You’re not the only one who wants to know what love is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWwEi4SNf1M

If genuine OP, ditch the religion. Ancient texts shouldnt get in the way of happiness.
Professional G
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
Give up your religion, which is fake anyway, or live a miserable life, not like you have any other choices.
No offence but this advice is completely bs. You’re telling someone to give up a big piece of their life. Most atheists aren’t judgemental but you do sound very angry. OP can make up her own mind plus she did clearly say she doesn’t want to give up her religion.
Rainfall
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
OP literally said she won’t give up on religion and these people are saying ditch the religion like she says gonna give up that easily😴

OP I feel you. I do and I admire that you don’t want to give up on Islam even tho you’re gay. As you know it’s very haram but I’m sure god will make the journey easier for you Inshallah.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Professional G)
No offence but this advice is completely bs. You’re telling someone to give up a big piece of their life. Most atheists aren’t judgemental but you do sound very angry. OP can make up her own mind plus she did clearly say she doesn’t want to give up her religion.
Sex and love are more important. There's nothing more important in life, lol. And like I said, she doesn't have any other choices, her religion is messed up, like most religions, and doesn't allow same sex relationships. I am not 'angry', I'm just stating a fact.
isiaiah d
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
Sex and love are more important. There's nothing more important in life, lol. And like I said, she doesn't have any other choices, her religion is messed up, like most religions, and doesn't allow same sex relationships. I am not 'angry', I'm just stating a fact.
who says she can't do both?

And since when are sex and love the most important things in life?
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Professional G)
Then why is she asking us what to do then?

NB: I don’t even think the OP is genuine.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by isiaiah d)
who says she can't do both?

And since when are sex and love the most important things in life?
She can't do both because her religion says so, lol.
What's more important? Go on, humour me.
isiaiah d
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
She can't do both because her religion says so, lol.
What's more important? Go on, humour me.
life? food, water? being successful is more important for a lot of people.
It is against her religion but people do stuff against their religion all the time without giving it up?
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
life? food, water? being successful is more important for a lot of people.
It is against her religion but people do stuff against their religion all the time without giving it up?
Naw, being successful isn't more important than sex and love.

Then there's no point in being part of that religion anyway, if you're not going to follow its basic rules.
isiaiah d
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
Naw, being successful isn't more important than sex and love.

Then there's no point in being part of that religion anyway, if you're not going to follow its basic rules.
And what about staying alive?

people almost always have a balance when it comes to religion. Theres still a point, you are not stopped from doing any good in the eyes of the religion for doing 1 bad.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago

people almost always have a balance when it comes to religion. Theres still a point, you are not stopped from doing any good in the eyes of the religion for doing 1 bad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_izvAbhExY
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago

How is 'staying alive' 'the most important thing in life', come on. :rolleyes:

Yeah, '1 bad', live in constant judgement and guilt, what kind of life is that.
isiaiah d
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
How is 'staying alive' 'the most important thing in life', come on. :rolleyes:

Yeah, '1 bad', live in constant judgement and guilt, what kind of life is that.
exactly that, prolonging your life... why would sex be the most important part? for pleasure for a limited amount of time?

The Judgement isn't going to go away if you leave the religion though? You can't force yourself to stop believing in something like that.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Federerr)
God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve m9
He also made Hitler.
isiaiah d
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
haha, I was waiting for that
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
exactly that, prolonging your life... why would sex be the most important part? for pleasure for a limited amount of time?

The Judgement isn't going to go away if you leave the religion though? You can't force yourself to stop believing in something like that.
Pleasure is one of the most important things in life. As you pointed out, our time on earth is very limited so we should make the most of it. Since there's nothing after death.

I don't think we are talking about the same kind of Judgement, lol. I meant other muslims judging her and so on. So it would go away, at least to some extent.
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Nothing wrong with being gay OP. Think for yourself, don’t let a bunch of old books written by stoned geezers dictate how you live your life
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (64)
15.46%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (41)
9.9%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (78)
18.84%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (60)
14.49%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (45)
10.87%
How can I be the best version of myself? (126)
30.43%

Watched Threads