The Student Room Group

GCSE Maths Foundation help!???!!

I’m currently in Year 11 and a huge struggle for me is Maths. In my end on year exam and throughout the whole year I have been getting 2’s I’m aiming for a 4 for GCSE and I need help revising for this subject. Any tips or tricks please
(edited 4 years ago)
Use mathsgenie to revise!
I would recommend getting CGP revision guides they are so helpful when revising concepts.
And since you're in Year 11 start doing some past papers see what ya know and what you need to improve on then use the Revision Guide and learn it attempt the question again and complete it.
If you are really struggling then maybe ask your maths teacher for some help after school it will help.

Good Luck Revising!
Remember that the more hours you put into studying, the better the results you get. I spent an entire week during my Y11 Christmas holidays to study just maths and went from a grade 6 to grade 9. But make sure you're using your time effectively and not getting distracted. I'd advise you to follow what @KraftyKaran has suggested. Learn the content first.
The best way to learn maths is practice papers, and searching youtube videos on topics or finding worked examples for similar questions online. Make sure you're organised and know which topics you really need to revise/ which topics you don't, it saves a lot of time
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply