How do deal with the fact that... Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
My boyfriend dumped me saying he would just prefer to be by himself. How do I deal with the fact that he does not care about nor miss me? Our relationship was difficult as he only ever put himself first and I’m finding it difficult to believe that I am better off without him as he didn’t meet my needs...

It’s eating me up that our relationship seems now to have been that he was just forcing it and constantly trying to run away from it and I’m finding this heartbreaking. Does anyone have any advice?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
He always put himself first, he didn't meet your needs, he would rather be alone than with you. I'm sorry, but what part of this relationship are you actually missing?

I think sometimes, we miss the idea of being with someone, rather than the actual specific situation with that person, and I think that's the case here.

You don't sound right for each other, but you're scared of being alone. That's normal. The only thing you can do is live your life, and you will meet someone else.. usually when you least expect it.

I'm assuming you're young because you're posting on here, so you have loads of time to find the right person. Hardly anyone settles down with the person they're with at your age, don't worry about it.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
He always put himself first, he didn't meet your needs, he would rather be alone than with you. I'm sorry, but what part of this relationship are you actually missing?

I think sometimes, we miss the idea of being with someone, rather than the actual specific situation with that person, and I think that's the case here.

You don't sound right for each other, but you're scared of being alone. That's normal. The only thing you can do is live your life, and you will meet someone else.. usually when you least expect it.

I'm assuming you're young because you're posting on here, so you have loads of time to find the right person. Hardly anyone settles down with the person they're with at your age, don't worry about it.
I am 23

Thank you (:
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (388)
79.84%
Leave (98)
20.16%

Watched Threads