How to get into German Uni with bad grades?

Watch
Aniani97
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have Studies in a British school (CIE) in United Arab Emirates.
my IGCSE grades are good, 2A’s in English and Environmental management, 4B’s in Physics, Biology, Mathematics and ICT (computer) and 1 C grade in Chemistry. However my As and A levels are really bad. I got B in Environmental management As level and I’m waiting for As level English results, however my other 3 subjects, Maths, Physics and Bilogy I barely passed (As and A level).
I'm studying German language right now and have finished B1 level. Can I apply to a Studienkolleg with my IGCSE grades? Do I have any other options for admission into a University in Germany? I’m not aiming for a top university, I’ll go to any university to be honest but I believe Hochschule is not a good option.
I want to study Environmental science or environmental engineering. What are my options? :c
Also, can anyone tell me how to get a list of Universities that offer environmental science? When I search I only get the top Universities that I obviously have no chance of getting to. How can I find the list of not so good Universities that I might have a chance in?
thanks!
Anita
ben1893
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey there.

I cant really judge your grades because I don't know how they can be translated into the german grading system. Anyway, in Germany a lot of undergraduate degrees do not actually have a certain threshold, so I guess no matter the grades in your A-levels you should have a chance to get into a German university. What counts is your overall average grade.

Since you aim for University degree in Environmental engeenering I can give you a few suggestions:

RWTH Aachen
Umweltingenieurwissenschaften (environmental engeneering)
Bachelor of Science
6 Semester

TU Darmstadt
Umweltingenieurwissenschaften
Bachelor of Science
6 - 12 Semester

TUM - TU München
Umweltingenieurwesen
Bachelor of Science
6 Semester

Uni Kassel
Umweltingenieurwesen
Bachelor of Science
7 Semester

btu - Technische Uni Cottbus-Senftenberg
Umweltingenieurwesen
6 Semester

TU Braunschweig
Umweltingenieurwesen
Bachelor of Science
6 Semester

Uni Rostock
Umweltingenieurwissenschaften
Bachelor of Science
6 Semester

(The bachelor at the RWTH Aachen is probably the most prestigious one)

You can find further information here:
https://www.studycheck.de/studium/um...aenge?d=1&it=2

Since German Unis are quite eager to attract more international students I can imagine that your international background could be quite an advantage in the application process. So I'd say give it a go!

Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (72)
22.93%
Excited but a bit nervous (141)
44.9%
Not bothered either way (37)
11.78%
I'm really nervous (64)
20.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise