The Student Room Group

Which Cambridge colleges allow a fridge/mini fridge in your room?

I have special dietary requirements if that helps.
Reply 1
I'm looking at Clare in particular but they don't seem to mention anything on their website.
Ask at the open days, I know some rooms came with mini fridges (if I remember correctly Emmanuel did).
Reply 3
Original post by AzureCeleste
Ask at the open days, I know some rooms came with mini fridges (if I remember correctly Emmanuel did).

Thanks! I was looking at Emmanuel too, it seems really nice.
Reply 4
Original post by gigi12304
I have special dietary requirements if that helps.

In theory Christ's don't but there are definitely people with them - they don't seem to police it too much. And if you have a medical need I'm sure any College will allow such an exception anyway.
Thanks! I was looking at Emmanuel too, it seems really nice.

Yup it was my favourite college, but I'd definitely go to an open day as people at the college can tell you about the mini fridge situation
Reply 6
Original post by Doonesbury
In theory Christ's don't but there are definitely people with them - they don't seem to police it too much. And if you have a medical need I'm sure any College will allow such an exception anyway.

It's not a medical condition but due to religious reasons I don't eat meat/fish/ eggs which makes it hard to eat out.
It's not a medical condition but due to religious reasons I don't eat meat/fish/ eggs which makes it hard to eat out.

You don't eat eggs for religious reasons?

Mini fridges in rooms - yes, it's fairly common. College policies vary, and most don't officially allow it.

You know that most students at Cambridge eat in hall rather than attempt to self-cater, certainly in the first year? Self-catering facilities are always 'basic', because it's not really the intention for students to make their own dining arrangments.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending