Struggling beyond belief with my degree, desperate for advice

Watch
Sophie.Bx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Doing first year law llb at Strathclyde.
Not enjoying it in the slightest and struggling beyond belief.
Sitting in the library at present with a criminal law assignment (a case comment) due in tomorrow!! which makes up 50 percent of my grade for the module and do not understand what to do in the slightest!!
I hate it and intend to transfer to politics at the end of first year but don't want to drop out and reapply because I wouldn't get student loans and would spend the next year doing nothing. And I can't just not submit the assignment lol but how can I if I have no clue what I am doing....
What should I do?? Im really at a loss!!
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sophie.Bx)
Sitting in the library at present with a criminal law assignment (a case comment) due in tomorrow!! which makes up 50 percent of my grade for the module and do not understand what to do in the slightest!!
I hate it and intend to transfer to politics at the end of first year but don't want to drop out and reapply because I wouldn't get student loans and would spend the next year doing nothing. And I can't just not submit the assignment lol but how can I if I have no clue what I am doing....
What's the title/question?

Fro mwhat you've said there (and there may be more) it's a matter of question technique, which ca be learnt if you get the right input. it's like learning how to decode a cryptic crossword - some people get it naturally, some people learn to decode them when taught, and then enjoy them, others get taught and still can't eb fussed with them.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sophie.Bx)
It would be difficult to pass the year if it's something you aren't enjoying at all, is it the case that you wouldn't be able to go back home and look for work if you left the course?
Sophie.Bx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by threeportdrift)
What's the title/question?

Fro mwhat you've said there (and there may be more) it's a matter of question technique, which ca be learnt if you get the right input. it's like learning how to decode a cryptic crossword - some people get it naturally, some people learn to decode them when taught, and then enjoy them, others get taught and still can't eb fussed with them.
The question is so brief and they have given us no examples!!
TBreazy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
you need to hyperlink that^ for it to be seen(i think when you paste it in, press the enter key and it should underline itself i think)

I would say strongly request a change or try and bang out go to all the people who do well ask people for help and work really hard if your set on law, maybe try contact another uni ask if you can join now or next year discuss your situation so they can hopefully empathise
AliBrum123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi - hang in there ! - first year LLB is always tough, not least because of your unfamiliarity with the work but theres also a lot to legislation and caselaw to understand.

Take it from someone who hated his first year and ended up doing alright ( 2.1 in undergrad and 1st in LLM), it will be ok if thelaw is the path you want to proceed with.

Feel free to pm me and I would be delighted to offer any tips / advice on tackling the essay.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (121)
62.69%
I don't have everything I need (72)
37.31%

Watched Threads