Turn on thread page Beta

Leicester Foundation Medicine (A199) 2019 entry watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiringmedic000)
    I know right! That's the most common question yet I hate that question the most, it's so hard to answer it without sounding cliche.
    Yeah I will also definitely go through my ps just in case because you never know.
    Ahh but there's no way they would expect you to know specific figures and stats! (but it might impress them if you do!) so don't stress too much about that but flashcards does sound like a good idea. Make sure you get someone to do mock-interviews with you, like a tutor or someone, just for practice and try to get this done early so you will have time to act on their feedback / improve if you have to.
    Don't worry too much, everyone is in the same boat! it's really hard to balance both A-Level work and uni prep, struggling with time.
    Which subjects are you doing? I'm doing bio, chem and maths, and sorry this is off topic lol but how are you revising for each subject?
    Yeah, me and my friends have been doing lots of practice interview questions.
    Omg I’m doing bio, chem and maths, too🙂 for bio, I was given this bio checklist sheet and I was basically trying to organise all my year 12 notes by going through it all slowly and ticking off all the topics I have notes for. Then, I was on physics and maths tutor and I wanted to go through all the past papers on each section so I basically go through ticking off and organising notes, do past papers and keep a list of how I did in each one. For chemistry, I was trying to do a similar thing but I haven’t really been able to get started but I definitely will need to soon, might even start right now😂. For maths, I was going to go through this site we got from school, integral maths, doing all the questions and ticking it off a list I made. It’s taking a really long time tho so I think I need to find a new method. I think I’m going to start going through all the past papers. My maths teacher sets them every week but I only occasionally actually do them 😫😫 but that’s yr 12 revision and I wanna be done with it all by the time we come back after the holidays so fingers crossed 🤞🏾 yr 13 is so hit n miss but if I finish yr12 revision by my deadline, I can focus on solidifying yr 13. It sounds like I’m all organised but it’s still a mess😫 I can never find time to do all of this. For maths, I’m so behind 😫😂
    What are your revision tactics?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josiediaby)
    Yeah, me and my friends have been doing lots of practice interview questions.
    Omg I’m doing bio, chem and maths, too🙂 for bio, I was given this bio checklist sheet and I was basically trying to organise all my year 12 notes by going through it all slowly and ticking off all the topics I have notes for. Then, I was on physics and maths tutor and I wanted to go through all the past papers on each section so I basically go through ticking off and organising notes, do past papers and keep a list of how I did in each one. For chemistry, I was trying to do a similar thing but I haven’t really been able to get started but I definitely will need to soon, might even start right now😂. For maths, I was going to go through this site we got from school, integral maths, doing all the questions and ticking it off a list I made. It’s taking a really long time tho so I think I need to find a new method. I think I’m going to start going through all the past papers. My maths teacher sets them every week but I only occasionally actually do them 😫😫 but that’s yr 12 revision and I wanna be done with it all by the time we come back after the holidays so fingers crossed 🤞🏾 yr 13 is so hit n miss but if I finish yr12 revision by my deadline, I can focus on solidifying yr 13. It sounds like I’m all organised but it’s still a mess😫 I can never find time to do all of this. For maths, I’m so behind 😫😂
    What are your revision tactics?
    ahh alright that's good then! I just started the online course now lol

wow you actually do sound very organised! (or atleast more organised than me)
    For me i do like notes but don't actually have proper ones for anything because i felt if i was writing it in detail (esp bio) then it's like rewriting another textbook and it's very time-consuming but if i wrote bullet points then it's not enough info At the moment I'm doing flashcards for bio but am facing same problem again.
    Usually I prefer reading cgp guides for everything but for our bio spec it doesn't exist. but I do have it for chem so that's good.
    Same! physics and maths tutor questions by topic for bio and chem, I did start doing that at one point but I didn't manage to complete it. For maths, I like to watch videos because I find it quick to remind myself of the actual content but I know this isn't great since maths is all about practice. Omg, same, soo behind on maths!

Sooo, now I'm going to go through the AS spec, just to re-learn the actual content and do exam questions by topic from PMT + actual practice for AS maths, not just videos (from textbook or exam questions online). I want to finish AS by the end of Christmas holidays so that will be out the way and I can focus on A2. Am also struggling with time!! Don't know if I'll finish everything in time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiringmedic000)
    ahh alright that's good then! I just started the online course now lol

wow you actually do sound very organised! (or atleast more organised than me)
    For me i do like notes but don't actually have proper ones for anything because i felt if i was writing it in detail (esp bio) then it's like rewriting another textbook and it's very time-consuming but if i wrote bullet points then it's not enough info At the moment I'm doing flashcards for bio but am facing same problem again.
    Usually I prefer reading cgp guides for everything but for our bio spec it doesn't exist. but I do have it for chem so that's good.
    Same! physics and maths tutor questions by topic for bio and chem, I did start doing that at one point but I didn't manage to complete it. For maths, I like to watch videos because I find it quick to remind myself of the actual content but I know this isn't great since maths is all about practice. Omg, same, soo behind on maths!

Sooo, now I'm going to go through the AS spec, just to re-learn the actual content and do exam questions by topic from PMT + actual practice for AS maths, not just videos (from textbook or exam questions online). I want to finish AS by the end of Christmas holidays so that will be out the way and I can focus on A2. Am also struggling with time!! Don't know if I'll finish everything in time
    That notes issue is real, last year I just feel like I was copying the textbook onto my notes but this year, I’ve started making notes based on the the PowerPoints from the lesson cause my teachers put all the PowerPoints on google classroom.
    Maths is just a bit boring and I don’t like doing it 70% of the time. I do OCR maths and the out textbook is sooo unhelpful and so it my teacher, who just makes us go through the examples in the book, then the questions but the answers don’t give us the method so if we get it wrong, we can’t see how. It’s soo annoying n everyone’s saying that CGP books for maths are pointless and won’t help n gang you should just go through your textbook but that’s where the issue lies 😫😫
    Wow well good luck on your revision, n I’m sure we’ll finish in time, we just need to stick to it 🙂
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently doing the foundation year, so if anyone has any questions, just shout and I'll do my best to answer them!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 10, 2018

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.