*MEGATHREAD* Medicine 2019 Interviews discussion Watch

Khushi.S
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
The earliest we can hear is this month right?
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by James_MI6)
How do we contact you?
Send them a private message on TSR?
DaGuy108
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
ST Edit (thread merged): Will being fat be a disadvantage at a medicine interview?

As the title says. Thanks
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by ecolier; 9 months ago
Dyscopia
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
100% not.

Weight, gender, skin colour, and other aspects of your physical appearance do NOT matter in interviews. All the interviewer wants to know is whether you are a good fit for their medical school, and whether they would enjoy teaching you. It's all about your empathy, compassion, understanding of medicine and your motivations for doing the degree.

Be yourself and that's literally the best thing you can do. There's only one of you, but thousands of applicants.
ZombieTheWolf
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Not at all. They can't discriminate you like that. I'm guessing you think it is because as a Doctor you should be practicing good health but there may be many circumstances they are unaware of that make you the weight you are.

P.S I used to have a really fat doctor, you will be fine.
DaGuy108
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by MagicalMedic)
100% not.

Weight, gender, skin colour, and other aspects of your physical appearance do NOT matter in interviews. All the interviewer wants to know is whether you are a good fit for their medical school, and whether they would enjoy teaching you. It's all about your empathy, compassion, understanding of medicine and your motivations for doing the degree.

Be yourself and that's literally the best thing you can do. There's only one of you, but thousands of applicants.
Thank you very much for your reply!
Medic Community
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by James_MI6)
How do we contact you?
Hi James,

We have sent you a pm. Please check it out and let us know when you will be free.
aradhikav
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hey just wanted to know if anyone who has applied for MBChB course, starting during fall 2019, has received their decisions from their university? Has anyone been called for an interview?
I’ve received my acceptance letter from the university I applied to Biomedical sciences for. So I was wondering when I will hear back from the universities I applied to, for Medicine.
theMSAG
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi everyone,

Hope your interview preparations are going well.

Just wanted to let you know that we have published 2 blog posts, listing when all the UK medical schools send interview invites as well as when medical schools start interviewing.

In addition we offer all students FREE access to our Online Interview Course. Written and filmed by doctors this has over 3.5 hours of interactive footage and covers all the topics you'll need to help you prepare for your MMI circuits. It's free to sign up via our website here.

In the meantime don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected] if you need any advice regarding your medical school application/interview!
usycool1
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by aradhikav)
Hey just wanted to know if anyone who has applied for MBChB course, starting during fall 2019, has received their decisions from their university? Has anyone been called for an interview?
I’ve received my acceptance letter from the university I applied to Biomedical sciences for. So I was wondering when I will hear back from the universities I applied to, for Medicine.
I doubt anyone has received anything yet, tbh. It's far too early. I'd imagine some interviews will start to go out in the next few weeks from some Medical Schools, though. In the past, Plymouth used to be fairly quick but I don't know about how they work now.
George_William
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
The title says it all really.

What kind of questions can be asked about a book? What kind of things should I say if I am asked to talk about said book?

Thanks
Sammylou40
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Talk about the basic story, any back stories.
Themes, imagery. If the characters are realistic
Why you like it or not
zzoex
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I have been given interviews for Medicine at Bristol, Sheffield and Manchester university however the interview dates are in late November. I can't attend these dates as I'm still taking the Oct/Nov A level sittings then and I live in New Zealand so flights too expensive. If I say I can't attend these dates, does anyone know the likelihood they will be able to reschedule another interview date later, like in January or February when I am in the UK already?
(If it helps, I had predicted grades of A*AA, and UKCAT 3070, Band 1 SJT)
ShefMedAdmission
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hello ZZoex

I can answer your question regarding Sheffield.

Our interview dates have been on our webpages since April. If you cannot attend the interviews in Sheffield in November or December then we have interview dates in SE Asia in January. However, we will not be conducting interviews outside of these publicised dates. If you have been invited to an interview in Sheffield and would prefer to be interviewed in SE Asia, just email back to the invite email and let them know - that is not a problem.

Best wishes

Julian
Director of Undergraduate Medical Admissions (Sheffield)
aradhikav
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hey so I’ve applied to
-Cardiff
-Plymouth
-East Anglia
-Keele
for medicine.
I was just wondering if anyone’s received interview invitation from any of these schools so far?
_aries
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Heya,

You won’t get interviews anytime soon, because the UKCAT results have recently only been released to the Unis, and the BMAT was also very recently done. Medicine interviews often take place after December, so don’t worry if you haven’t heard back from them till then.

All the best!
_aries
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by aradhikav)
Hey so I’ve applied to
-Cardiff
-Plymouth
-East Anglia
-Keele
for medicine.
I was just wondering if anyone’s received interview invitation from any of these schools so far?
Above post ^^ Somehow it didn’t quote, oops.
aradhikav
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by _aries)
Heya,

You won’t get interviews anytime soon, because the UKCAT results have recently only been released to the Unis, and the BMAT was also very recently done. Medicine interviews often take place after December, so don’t worry if you haven’t heard back from them till then.

All the best!
Okay🙈
Thanks a ton!!
Maya20
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi!
I was wondering when do universities usually start calling international students for medicine interviews? Also, do they give us a longer notice before interview since we need to get visas and flights in order?
I have applied to Kings, Nottingham, Birmingham, and Southampton, so if anyone has specific information on them, please let me know!
fribz
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi first post so hope it goes well,

I got invited for an interview at Kings (I’m studying medicine) which is obviously great news the only issue being that they gave me 10 days between the invite and the interview date. I’ve done no prep and my school is hosting a med mock interview session a few days afterwards so I’m wondering whether I should reschedule my interview to get some more preparation in or will it look bad on me?

Thanks for any feedback
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.75%
Excited (150)
8.98%
Worried (302)
18.07%
Terrified (374)
22.38%
Meh (154)
9.22%
Confused (37)
2.21%