*MEGATHREAD* Medicine 2019 Interviews discussion Watch

Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by fribz)
Hi first post so hope it goes well,

I got invited for an interview at Kings (I’m studying medicine) which is obviously great news the only issue being that they gave me 10 days between the invite and the interview date. I’ve done no prep and my school is hosting a med mock interview session a few days afterwards so I’m wondering whether I should reschedule my interview to get some more preparation in or will it look bad on me?

Thanks for any feedback
It's not really a great reason for wanting to reschedule an interview tbh. Ten days is enough time to prepare

Maybe ask whoever's running the mock interviews at your school if you could do one earlier than everyone else?
cygnus27
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hey all,
I have applied for Medicine for the 2019 entry and so far I have been given one interview at BSMS. Their interviews are in the MMI format and I was reallyyyyy hoping you guys can help me with any advice.
Literally, ANYTHING that you think helped you or you will be using, please, please do share.

THANK YOU!!!
AzureCeleste
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
If one station goes badly, it's not the end of the world as you have the remaining few to make up for it. So don't feel disheartened if one went badly.
Additionally if it does go badly, don't dwell on it as this could effect subsquent stations, just clear your mind and move on.
It's also a really short period of time you are talking to them so, I don't know how the setup is for BSMS, but don't keep on talking forever. I know at my interview we had three questions so we didn't need to continously talk
stressica1002
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I've been offered an interview in Cardiff for medicine 2019 entry and have a range of dates to choose from, ideally I would personally choose the later date as this will give me longer to prepare but was wondering if this would disadvantage my application at all?
AzureCeleste
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
No disadvantage to your application.
Just you may personally choose to delay preparing for the interview because it is further away- realistically will you do more prep.
It's up to you when you do the interview, most uni's complete all interviews before determining places
stressica1002
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by AzureCeleste)
No disadvantage to your application.
Just you may personally choose to delay preparing for the interview because it is further away- realistically will you do more prep.
It's up to you when you do the interview, most uni's complete all interviews before determining places
Thanks!
GrapefruitBread
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Just slightly concerned, I've been given two interviews on the exact same date and had already committed to one. Would really like to go to both med schools and am trying to change the date but I'm worried i'll get rejected from the one I'm trying to change if they can't find another date! Is this a possibility?
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Phone both Unis and ask if you can change dates.

Usually they can help with this problem, but you need to do it quickly defore all dates are filled.
I love Medicine
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Most of my uni choices are giving out interview invites and haven’t received any. :,((((
mynameisno123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
What kind of stuff could be asked??Thanks
Hype en Ecosse
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Junior doctor contract
Privatisation of services
Changing landscape of evidence and legal policy for recreational drugs in medicinal use
Burden on social care services

You'll just be asked generically about whether you've been reading about any topical issues and be asked for your opinion on them
ayeshakazi2212
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hey,

So some universities give you a list of questions they could ask for their MMI. Usually MMIs are made of several stations each focusing on a different aspect. For example, one might focus on your ability to interact with patients/people. Another one might ask you questions as to why you chose that particular uni. There will also most certainly be a station on moral and ethics where they might as you about abortion, whether the NHS should pay for all treatment really and etc

To get the best possible idea it’s always good to check out the websites of the specific universities you are applying to or search your online.

Hope this helps
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
meddad
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by mynameisno123)
What kind of stuff could be asked??Thanks
https://www.myhealth.london.nhs.uk/
Dyscopia
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by I love Medicine)
Most of my uni choices are giving out interview invites and haven’t received any. :,((((
I wouldn't worry at all. I had 3 interviews and recieived two of them super late compared to all my friends. Doesn't mean you are a worse applicant or less likely to get an offer.
ayeshakazi2212
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
got this reply. Does it mean anything or does everyone get this?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by ayeshakazi2212; 9 months ago
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Dyscopia)
I wouldn't worry at all. I had 3 interviews and received two of them super late compared to all my friends. Doesn't mean you are a worse applicant or less likely to get an offer.
This.

Unis never give out all their interview dates at once. Have patience.
mynameisno123
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi, i opened this link however it took me to services in london. Im not quite sure how this tells me about NHS topics. Maybe you have sent the wrong link
mynameisno123
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by ayeshakazi2212)
got this reply. Does it mean anything or does everyone get this?
Hi,
i applied to manchester but havent recieved it. What did it say exactly the screenshot only showed the first bit
meddad
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by mynameisno123)
Hi, i opened this link however it took me to services in london. Im not quite sure how this tells me about NHS topics. Maybe you have sent the wrong link
Not that good copying links on my phone. Try this: https://www.myhealth.london.nhs.uk/help/nhs-today

and this https://www.themedicportal.com/appli...acing-the-nhs/
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
A timely warning folks ......
We are now in Interview season.

Please do not, under any circumstances, reveal interview questions or role-play scenarios to other TSR users, either on any TSR board or via PM.

* Firstly TSR will ban you immediately.

* Secondly, if you think about it, you would be giving an advantage to another candidate - how might then get an offer instead of you.
Its therefore in your interest not to say anything.

* General 'I think it went okay', or 'I panicked a bit with one of the role-plays' type comments are fine. Anything more detailed is totally and absolutely forbidden on TSR!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.75%
Excited (150)
8.98%
Worried (302)
18.07%
Terrified (374)
22.38%
Meh (154)
9.22%
Confused (37)
2.21%