The Student Room Group

How are your A levels going so far?

Poll

How are your A levels going so far?

It's either half term, or almost half term :eek: If you're in year 12 there may have been some big changes, from schools to subjects to independence needed, while if you're in year 13 the focus has probably been more on coursework (if you have any), UCAS and first year content revision.

So whichever year you're in, answer these few questions:

Sum up your A levels so far in 3 words

Which moment has been your biggest success?

What has been your greatest challenge to conquer?
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Mine are going really well loving biology :smile:

Scary, challenging and hard work (technically two words but go on, sue me).
¯\_(ツ)_/¯, don't really think I've had a 'big success'.
My own laziness.
I’m in y13 & I’ve mainly been prepping for first year tests in all subjects. Greatest challenge has been remembering all of first year organic chemistry( I hate organic) & biggest success is getting my UCAS over and done with. Three words= tiring, hard and enjoyable
Ready to drop Maths
Already at an A grade in History! For my first a-level essay I got one mark off an A :smile:)
Struggling to have motivation to work at home, so I just stay at school until 6 everyday to get most of it done ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Original post by Lemur14
It's either half term, or almost half term :eek: If you're in year 12 there may have been some big changes, from schools to subjects to independence needed, while if you're in year 13 the focus has probably been more on coursework (if you have any), UCAS and first year content revision.

Overwhelming, enjoyable and challenging
I'm not too sure to be honest - I don't think I've really had many successes haha but probably trying to push myself out of my comfort zone to talk to new people and make new friends
Procrastinating and trying to keep on top of everything.

Ummm.... hard, challenging and time consuming
when i got an A in Geography and Politics
English literature i hate this subject so much but its too late to change :frown:

a slippery slope
85% in my first math test??
procrastination? i haven't conquered any of my challenges yet i'm trying to delay it all as much as i can so i can bawl about how i suck at time management later :smile:
Tiring as f***
Getting this far into year 13
My explanation questions are dog s***. Losing most of my marks in exams because of it.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Slash_bae
Lord help me
Got an A* in Psychology already :smile:
Answering Biology exam questions. Need to just focus on what the examiner is looking for but it’ll come with practice 🤞🏾
(edited 5 years ago)

Overwhelming, Enjoyable, Challenging

Actually starting to work hard after breaking off the massive procrastination cycle that usually starts due to our brains being still tired from the GCSEs

Dealing with the vast amount of workload (homework, self-revision and tests) while remaining sane and easing into a normal, everyday routine (such as eating on time, going to bed on time, etc.) all at once :redface:
Original post by Lemur14

Have you noticed that nobody voted for the 'Awesome' option yet ? :laugh:
Original post by Missradioactive
Have you noticed that nobody voted for the 'Awesome' option yet ? :laugh:

People aren't too confident I guess :laugh: It was also me that voted the good as I wanted to be able to see the results when the page first loaded, so obviously the standard response is okay...interesting!
Original post by Lemur14
People aren't too confident I guess :laugh: It was also me that voted the good as I wanted to be able to see the results when the page first loaded, so obviously the standard response is okay...interesting!

Yeah, hopefully we'll all be more than okay by the end of half-term :smile:
I'm in year 12 and my A levels have been quite intense so far but that's just because of the college I go to.

interesting but stressful

Probably actually coming to this college. I only have one friend here and I don't know the very vast majority of people (it's in a different city to the one I live in). It has been a personal triumph to have had the courage to come here.

[

My biggest challenge other than actually coming to this college is probably dealing with failure and remaining positive. I did "bad" on a couple of tests and I go to a very prestigious college. I was used to being top of the class with very little effort but I've come to realise that I actually have to work now.
Original post by Nihilisticb*tch

My biggest challenge other than actually coming to this college is probably dealing with failure and remaining positive. I did "bad" on a couple of tests and I go to a very prestigious college. I was used to being top of the class with very little effort but I've come to realise that I actually have to work now.

You literally described how I first felt when year 12 began, that was a tough pill to swallow :sadnod:
(edited 5 years ago)
Yeah, hopefully we'll all be more than okay by the end of half-term :smile:

Yeah, possibly picked the wrong moment to post this :lol:
Original post by Lemur14
Yeah, possibly picked the wrong moment to post this :lol:

But this thread is a good place for year 12s to vent and get things off their chests a bit. So maybe the moment is just right :biggrin:
But this thread is a good place for year 12s to vent and get things off their chests a bit. So maybe the moment is just right :biggrin:

True, nice point :smile:
You literally described how I first felt when year 12 began, that was a tough pill to swallow :sadnod:

Yeah I mean it was a knock to my confidence at first but I think I have to accept that there are always people who are better than you whether that be naturally (like intelligence wise) or in their ability to work.

Quick Reply

Latest