The Student Room Group

Distance learning while working full time?

I’m just looking for peoples experiences on studying a masters degree while also working full time? Mainly about whether the workload gets too much as the course progresses, and how did your social life fare with all the working? I’m looking at the MSc building surveying at Northumbria if anyone has any specific info on that! Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
Original post by MLT0295
I’m just looking for peoples experiences on studying a masters degree while also working full time? Mainly about whether the workload gets too much as the course progresses, and how did your social life fare with all the working? I’m looking at the MSc building surveying at Northumbria if anyone has any specific info on that! Thanks in advance!

I am currently completing a BSc via distance learning while working fulltime. Different degree and uni but it might help you to get an idea.
It all depends on how motivated and disciplined you are. My social life didn't really suffer but I met my friends less than before, especially during revision weeks I locked myself up at home :wink:

In my course, it seems like half of the students will complete their degree within 3 years (the minimum). Others decided to take it slower or simply weren't disciplined enough to study more. Also, some students need to study more hours to get the same results so it depends on your situation.

It's definitely possible to study and work at the same time but I recommend to create a plan when you're starting your year and stick to it. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending