National 5 Maths 2018/19 Watch

Labrador99
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by adqwilson)
I don't feel too nervous, I have completed every past paper but I don't think that is enough. I definitely need to practice more and just make sure for all the hard problem-solving questions :confused:
Omg same, I'm so tired and I only have one more day to revise eek! I really want to do well but I am scared they are going to make it quite a difficult paper :cry:
It's difficult to feel prepared, but it sounds like you have been putting in the effort and hopefully that will pay off. I'd encourage you to take some time off- even if it's only a couple of hours tonight- where you completely switch off from revision mode- we're still early in the exam season, and although exams are important, a couple of hours off is time well spent during exam season.
Try not to worry too much about the paper being difficult. Until Friday, nobody will know, but if it is more difficult than intended the grade boundaries will be adjusted to take account of this, so you won't be put at a disadvantage.

(Original post by Button222)
I got an A in the prelim but I’d say our prelim was far easier than the sqa past papers. I’m stressing so much and burnt out from today’s exam.
I'd recommend that you take the rest of tonight off. Far better not studying for a few hours tonight and then being able to do some revision tomorrow than try and keep going and end up not being able to do anything tomorrow!
Button222
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yup good plan, I'm having a wee break tonight then it is into some hardcore studying tomorrow ahahah. Yeah exactly the modern studies exam caught me off guard more than I thought it would
same, like I revised so much of the hard content but ignored the easy stuff that came up, making it harder to expand on what I was saying :/ yeah I’ll do just that lol maths isn’t as fun to revise tho
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
bendalrymple36
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by pineapplepink)
How does that work for you? Because for us prize giving is just before the holidays but we don't get our results until August. I'm quite curious- like if you did really well would they let your school know or something?
Not trying to get an award in maths but would like one in some of my other subjects.
Basically for our awards it’s just for attainment so whoever gets the highest in the final exam and since around 6 people in my year will get 100 we will all get awards. Also there is an improvement reward if you make a huge difference in your grades
bendalrymple36
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Labrador99)
Try not to put pressure on yourself to get an award. Whether or not you get it does depend to some extent how you perform, but it also depends a lot on how others perform- something you can't control. While they might be nice to get, these types of school awards don't mean a lot beyond the personal satisfaction you might get from them. Concentrate on doing your best on the day, and if you know you've done that, award or not, you can be proud of how you've done. Hope the exam goes well
Me too it’s just there’s this boy who I know will get 100 percent because he’s just incredibly smart ahaha
iqeas
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
you all need not worry at least you’re gonna pass ://
hollyyy1234
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
don’t worry! i’m sure you will do fine just try your best with revising today. you can’t predict really what will come up- who knows, it might be a great paper for you!
ravenshill
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My daughter is struggling with trig identities, Is there any examples of how to do it which will make it clearer to understand for her?
rittajmoghal29
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Goodness I feel stressed about tommorow. I feel like the exam will be much tougher than anticipated.
Best of luck everyone! I am sure it will go well
rittajmoghal29
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Scholar has online tutor recordings, I remember they covered Trig Identities
I will find it and send you the link 😃 it's free, you just need to download adobe connect which takes few seconds.
(Original post by ravenshill)
My daughter is struggling with trig identities, Is there any examples of how to do it which will make it clearer to understand for her?
rittajmoghal29
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
https://scholar.hw.ac.uk/sessionsArchive.html
Just click maths and scroll down you will find a recording named "Trig Graphs, equations and identities" It was released in 2017.
Hope this helps It cleared most of my concepts. I am sure bitesize and national5maths website is helpful as they have questions regarding these topics
ravenshill
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thanks so much 😀
scott23434
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by cindistudy)
yess im getting on well :/ i’m confused though..i’m unsure if we need to know exact values at n5 or not??? because I was sure that was higher however some of my friends from other schools have been told to memorise them? now i’m stressing because I wasn’t told this..any help would be appreciated ps. good luck to everyone on their exams
This is an older thread but I dont believe you do need to know exact values for national 5. There have been questions regarding values for cos etc in the past but there was a method to them. Draw the cos graph plot the points and you usually can see what the value is. I think there was a question a few years back something like - cos 60 = 0.5 find the value for cos 240 - after you drew the graph it was easy to see it was - 0.5
rittajmoghal29
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
So we don't need to memorise the exact values table? This makes me me feel relieved dont know why our teacher told us to revise values 🤔😌
(Original post by scott23434)
This is an older thread but I dont believe you do need to know exact values for national 5. There have been questions regarding values for cos etc in the past but there was a method to them. Draw the cos graph plot the points and you usually can see what the value is. I think there was a question a few years back something like - cos 60 = 0.5 find the value for cos 240 - after you drew the graph it was easy to see it was - 0.5
scott23434
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I am not 100% sure and i don't want to say don't revise them incase they come up. But i've done all the past papers and specimen and never had to use them , your teacher may of told you to learn them so its easier for higher.
(Original post by rittajmoghal29)
So we don't need to memorise the exact values table? This makes me me feel relieved dont know why our teacher told us to revise values 🤔😌
Catriona23
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You’re allowed to take a ruler in right? For drawing graphs?
Catriona23
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Could someone help me with question 3B please? The answer is 2b-2a but I don’t understand how they got that?
Name:  4C839C20-F266-4BBE-9911-E4F279EA7528.png
Views: 12
Size:  62.4 KB
Teenie2
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Part (a) asks for AB = -(OA) + OB = - a + b = b - a

Look at AB and OC. They run parallel so they have the same direction but OC is twice the length of AB. So, OC = 2b - 2a.
-MikeMike-
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Apparently there is more questions to be added tomorrow than last years, meaning more marks? What do you guys think?
Catriona23
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Omg thank you so much
(Original post by Teenie2)
Part (a) asks for AB = -(OA) + OB = - a + b = b - a

Look at AB and OC. They run parallel so they have the same direction but OC is twice the length of AB. So, OC = 2b - 2a.
Labrador99
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by -MikeMike-)
Apparently there is more questions to be added tomorrow than last years, meaning more marks? What do you guys think?
There won't be more marks in the paper...They could give a paper that contains more questions (worth fewer marks on average) though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (402)
30.69%
The paper was reasonable (514)
39.24%
Not feeling great about that exam... (225)
17.18%
It was TERRIBLE (169)
12.9%

Watched Threads