The Student Room Group

Trigonomentry maths question gcse

Hello guys i am struggling to answer this questions soo can someone help meequestion: "triangle DEF is an equilateral triangle with a vertical height of 4mm.what is the exact side length of triangle? Give your answer in its simplest form"
Original post by manusha.12345
Hello guys i am struggling to answer this questions soo can someone help meequestion: "triangle DEF is an equilateral triangle with a vertical height of 4mm.what is the exact side length of triangle? Give your answer in its simplest form"

It’s the tan ratio, split the triangles into two and fill all the info you have and look at it carefully you will see it
Reply 2
each angle is 60 degrees. Vertical height is 4. Just use sohcahtoa

What have you tried? I'd split the triangle in half and let one side be of length 2l.
Original post by Adacic
each angle is 60 degrees. Vertical height is 4. Just use sohcahtoa

So basic isn’t it lol
Whatt i didnt get anythingg only vertical heught 4mm is available and no other number can you help me in steps
Original post by Muttley79
What have you tried? I'd split the triangle in half and let one side be of length 2l.

I did tried asking help was option Seems like people think its easy for them maybe person who's doing first time can be hard...😂
Reply 7
Whatt i didnt get anythingg only vertical heught 4mm is available and no other number can you help me in steps

If you split the triangle vertically down the middle you get two right angled triangles with angles of 90°, 60° and 30°. You have one length which is 4. You can use sohcahtoa to work out all other lengths. Draw a diagram maybe.
I did tried asking help was option Seems like people think its easy for them maybe person who's doing first time can be hard...😂

I've given you a hint - either use Pythagoras or the fact you know each angle is 60 degrees.
Original post by Muttley79
I've given you a hint - either use Pythagoras or the fact you know each angle is 60 degrees.

Cool thanks i got some ideas just need to try
Cool thanks i got some ideas just need to try

OK either post working or an answer and I'll check.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest