The Student Room Group

Going RED!!! :(

I've been going red for 3 years and i have tried a few things to get rid of it but it nothing works!!! does anyone have any advice
Original post by lozzy576
I've been going red for 3 years and i have tried a few things to get rid of it but it nothing works!!! does anyone have any advice

What do you mean going red? Is your face going red? Your hair? What?
Reply 2
who cares just campaign for red rights. go start a petition
Reply 3
Original post by ingrownhair
What do you mean going red? Is your face going red? Your hair? What?

My face

Define going red.
Reply 5
Original post by DrawTheLine
Define going red.

I'll be talking to a teacher or maybe someone looks at me then i just go red on the face for no reason . VERY annoying
Reply 6
I assume you mean going red in pressured social situations like doing presentations in front of others, being around people you're nervous to be around etc? Like anxiety?

It used to happen to me a lot (still does but nowhere near as much), but it just got better with getting more confidence. Remember no one is really there to judge you, or if they do it's very, very minor. Most of it just has to be getting used to wider social scenarios and it will help bring up your confidence around people since it will be your subconscious thought causing this, and not something you can logically think about and fix.

So for getting to be wider social scenarios do you have any activities you could do in or outside school/work which involve being around people? What makes you feel confident?

Take care
Reply 7
Original post by Love for Love
I assume you mean going red in pressured social situations like doing presentations in front of others, being around people you're nervous to be around etc? Like anxiety?

It used to happen to me a lot (still does but nowhere near as much), but it just got better with getting more confidence. Remember no one is really there to judge you, or if they do it's very, very minor. Most of it just has to be getting used to wider social scenarios and it will help bring up your confidence around people since it will be your subconscious thought causing this, and not something you can logically think about and fix.

So for getting to be wider social scenarios do you have any activities you could do in or outside school/work which involve being around people? What makes you feel confident?

Take care

Thank you and i was thinking of joining a football club
Reply 8
Thank you and i was thinking of joining a football club

Good choice, a sport activity like that will make you be around other people a lot and keep your body in good shape which will definitely help your confidence. Recommend finding other things too where you feel good about yourself, even if it's really simple stuff
blushing is social anxiety so work on reducing that. but in short term just react to it diffrently what do i mean you cant stop going red its just an automatic response, but you can control how you react to it. if you look down at floor or stop speaking or avoid chit just make it worse, and then next time body realease even more stress hormones cos it associate with fear (blushing is/same as anxiety). so next time go red actually work out what does and go do that and react to it diffrently; be confident assertive speak up, look up, just do it. and that way youre proving to your brain youre not in a dangerous situation cos youre not negatively reacting to it and over time reacting to it diffrently it will get better. its like doing something scary if you spend whole life avoiding it perhps running away from it it will just make it worse then when do it be terrifying when u have to do it, and ur body be releasing all kinds of stress hormones. but if you find it scary and just do it, and again and again your proving to ur body that ur not in a dangerous situation cos youre not running away so body releases less and less stress hormones and be not so bad maybe not a fear anymore
haha when i first saw the thread title i thought you meant going communist
Reply 11
Original post by ol24
blushing is social anxiety so work on reducing that. but in short term just react to it diffrently what do i mean you cant stop going red its just an automatic response, but you can control how you react to it. if you look down at floor or stop speaking or avoid chit just make it worse, and then next time body realease even more stress hormones cos it associate with fear (blushing is/same as anxiety). so next time go red actually work out what does and go do that and react to it diffrently; be confident assertive speak up, look up, just do it. and that way youre proving to your brain youre not in a dangerous situation cos youre not negatively reacting to it and over time reacting to it diffrently it will get better. its like doing something scary if you spend whole life avoiding it perhps running away from it it will just make it worse then when do it be terrifying when u have to do it, and ur body be releasing all kinds of stress hormones. but if you find it scary and just do it, and again and again your proving to ur body that ur not in a dangerous situation cos youre not running away so body releases less and less stress hormones and be not so bad maybe not a fear anymore

Thank you so much!!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest