The Student Room Group

French or art

Help!! I've gotten myself into a bit of a tizzy wondering if I should switch from French gcse to fine art/textiles, and I'm not sure what to do. For my 3 options, I originally chose French, Spanish and music, but now am wondering if I made the right decision with French. I've always excelled at art, and my friends and family always expected me to take it at gcse, however my closer family all know that I also have an aptitude for modern languages, and expected me to take at least 1 of those.I'm already 2 months into my French course, but I know I will do well in both art and French...should I switch? Is taking Spanish and French too risky? Help!!
Reply 1
Should I switch my French gcse to art?
I'm taking all the core subjects (including maths, all 3 sciences, both English courses and religious studies) plus my 3 options: Spanish, music and French, but am wondering if I should switch from French to art, both of which are things I have always excelled at. Help!?
taking two languages is perfectly manageable especially if you say have an aptitude for languages. which subject do you think you'd enjoy more?
Reply 3
Original post by entertainmyfaith
taking two languages is perfectly manageable especially if you say have an aptitude for languages. which subject do you think you'd enjoy more?

I think I'd enjoy art more, but I also really love French
Taking both music and art can be very time consuming and overwhelming. But if you think you'd manage your time well across your subjects then go for it.
Original post by Jaime.ev
I think I'd enjoy art more, but I also really love French

seems a bit far fetched but have you considered future career choices? i'd stick with french but if you want to do something art based in the future, art may be better.
Reply 6
Original post by entertainmyfaith
seems a bit far fetched but have you considered future career choices? i'd stick with french but if you want to do something art based in the future, art may be better.

I hadn't thought of that, thank you!
Original post by Jaime.ev
I hadn't thought of that, thank you!

no worries :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest