Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by 6085)
I would like to ask any current students on their expereince of Royal Holloway
please state your course and the rating you give the uni
Hi 6085,

You can chat to some of our current students on our website here. They'd be happy to share their experiences on campus including course information, living in halls and general student life.

I'm also a graduate from Royal Holloway and happy to answer any questions you might have.

Susana
SanityGone
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
My friend is at RH on a computer course. His biggest bugbear are the short terms. Earlier this year he went back after Easter, paid up his hall fees etc. He had two weeks of exams then no timetabled classes - that was it for the term. He was left wondering why he needed to pay rent and tuition fees for the term.
Badges: 12
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London)
Hi 6085,

You can chat to some of our current students on our website here. They'd be happy to share their experiences on campus including course information, living in halls and general student life.

I'm also a graduate from Royal Holloway and happy to answer any questions you might have.

Susana
Hi Susana,
About the link you sent do the buddies change often - I am looking for a buddy that does Biology if possible.
Can you tell me about your experience and if you don't mind answer a few of my questions:
1. Did you have an acommadation or did you travel?
2. What course did you do and how were the lecturers?
3. Are lectures often available in recording or is that dependent on the course/lecturer?
4. How diverse is the univeristy in your opinion?
5. Were you part of any societies and if so how was it?
Royal Holloway, University of London
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by 6085)
Hi Susana,
About the link you sent do the buddies change often - I am looking for a buddy that does Biology if possible.
Can you tell me about your experience and if you don't mind answer a few of my questions:
1. Did you have an acommadation or did you travel?
2. What course did you do and how were the lecturers?
3. Are lectures often available in recording or is that dependent on the course/lecturer?
4. How diverse is the univeristy in your opinion?
5. Were you part of any societies and if so how was it?
Hi 6085,

We try and get a variety of Student Ambassadors online so I would recommend checking in every so often to see who is online.

I was an international student from the United States, so I stayed in halls of residence in my first year. I lived in Kingswood II, which is a catered accommodation option with an ensuite bathroom. I loved my time living there and my flatmates are still some of my best friends today. It's a five minute free bus ride from the main campus and really felt like a home away from home for me. It also has it's own dining hall, bar and laundry room.

I studied Drama and Theatre Studies and I usually had around four classes that were three hours long each. Due to the nature of my course, I also spent a lot of time rehearsing with other students for coursework so I was on campus almost every day. Recording of lectures is something that is department specific and may depend on your lecturer as well.

I was an active member of the Savoy Opera society and the Musical Theatre Society and often had rehearsals, society meetings and socials throughout the year. I really enjoyed taking part because it allowed me to meet so many people from a variety of courses and backgrounds.

Royal Holloway has around 7,549 students from the UK or European Union and 1,962 students are international so you get a really diverse mix of classmates. As someone from the United States, I also had friends from Portugal, Canada, England, Spain, Lithuania, Wales and Australia just to name a few! This is one of the things that really drew me to Royal Holloway as I wanted to be able to meet a wide range of individuals.

Another draw for me was the location. We are only 40 minutes from London by train and I would often head into the city to see shows, visit galleries or hang out with friends. If I wanted to stay local, there was also plenty to do from shopping in Staines, being a tourist in Windsor or having a picnic at Virginia Water Lake (which also features in Harry Potter). Being a campus university, it defintely was the best of both worlds.

Have you had a chance to visit our campus yet?

Susana
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (140)
46.51%
Pro-humanity (161)
53.49%

Watched Threads