The Student Room Group

Me and my boyfriend got caught...

I have been with my boyfriend for 11 days now and I have been keeping it a secret from my family as they are very strict. Today I was out with a group of friends and after that, I met with my boyfriend and we went out to eat. After that, he walked me home and when we were on my street we lipsed and said goodbye but while we were lipsing my dad's car came from the other street and I think he saw. After a long night of him arguing with me, he said there's something he needs to tell me the next day. I think he is going to confront me about kissing my bf and idk what to tell him because he doesn't want me to get into a relationship until university. I'm currently in year 12. Please help with an excuse I could say for kissing him.
Original post by Anonymous
Please help with an excuse I could say for kissing him.

There really isn't an excuse. It's time to have a proper, mature, adult conversation with your dad.

You're not a little kid anymore.
Reply 2
Tell him that you slipped.
Reply 3
Original post by Jackudy3
There really isn't an excuse. It's time to have a proper, mature, adult conversation with your dad.

You're not a little kid anymore.

Yes but my parents do not allow anyone to date me until after uni which is when they want me to get married.
I have been with my boyfriend for 11 days now and I have been keeping it a secret from my family as they are very strict. Today I was out with a group of friends and after that, I met with my boyfriend and we went out to eat. After that, he walked me home and when we were on my street we lipsed and said goodbye but while we were lipsing my dad's car came from the other street and I think he saw. After a long night of him arguing with me, he said there's something he needs to tell me the next day. I think he is going to confront me about kissing my bf and idk what to tell him because he doesn't want me to get into a relationship until university. I'm currently in year 12. Please help with an excuse I could say for kissing him.

It's not up to daddy or mummy to decide that you must wait til uni to have a boyfriend but because you live in their home they could threaten to throw you out so I guess lying to them is the only option.
Just wait until you've heard what he said and regardless of whether he saw or not never allow your boyfriend to walk you home or kiss you in public even if you are far from where you live because any other friends, family, neighbours can see you too and grass you up.
It's always best to do it behind closed doors or public toilets, behind the bushes in the park rather than risk being seen. And that also means not holding hands in public too.
If your dad did see you just pretend you have not been dating him before and this was your first date or just pretend you will stop seeing him then only meet him in private places like the cinema, library, or go for days out with him to a completely different area like the west end, etc that way you'll never be found out.
Reply 5
Original post by BahozM

Ffs XD
Yes but my parents do not allow anyone to date me until after uni which is when they want me to get married.

I'm guessing that suggesting they drag themselves out of the 1910s and into the 2010s, and let you behave like a normal teenager, isn't an option?
Original post by BahozM

This would actually be a great way to lighten the mood before delving into the serious conversation I mentioned.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Judge Jules
It's not up to daddy or mummy to decide that you must wait til uni to have a boyfriend but because you live in their home they could threaten to throw you out so I guess lying to them is the only option.
Just wait until you've heard what he said and regardless of whether he saw or not never allow your boyfriend to walk you home or kiss you in public even if you are far from where you live because any other friends, family, neighbours can see you too and grass you up.
It's always best to do it behind closed doors or public toilets, behind the bushes in the park rather than risk being seen. And that also means not holding hands in public too.
If your dad did see you just pretend you have not been dating him before and this was your first date or just pretend you will stop seeing him then only meet him in private places like the cinema, library, or go for days out with him to a completely different area like the west end, etc that way you'll never be found out.

I agree and I wish it was that easy but tbh my parents have spoken to me about this issue for a very long time and they don't want me to get hurt and stuff so they are very serious about these issues. I guess I will have to know for certain that he saw or not because the angle he came from was behind and he couldn't have seen any kissing hopefully. Thankssss
Reply 9
Original post by Jackudy3
This would actually be a great way to lighten the mood before delving into the serious conversation I mentioned.

I guess I would have to know certainly when he says it to me tomorrow that he saw it happen. If he did then I will try to lighten the mood.
I'm guessing that suggesting they drag themselves out of the 1910s and into the 2010s, and let you behave like a normal teenager, isn't an option?

Nope, they have very strict views and relationships is definitely a bad thing in their view especially in today's society.

This can be a complex situation but if he did see for sure and confronts you about it you can just saying you were kissing him as a friend and he’s gay or smth if that’s cool with them. Or if he didn’t really see just lie and say you didn’t hehe. Or yanno just tell the truth, which is the best option imo cause you can’t keep a relationship secret for 2 years until you go uni.
If you try and make an excuse, that will only make things worse. Just tell him the truth. This is really a private matter for you and your Dad. Besides, after only 11 days you barely know this boy, correct ?
Omg ur parents are just like mine!! They've often told me "we've got to tell u something tomorrow" and it's always something embarrassing that I've done. It makes me feel so anxious and paranoid and I never really have a good excuse!! My mum has gone to the extent where she stalks me to places I go to see mates!!!! :frown::s-smilie:
Honesty is the best policy. I am certain that your parents would be more upset to know that you lied to them than they would be about you kissing a boy. I may be old fashioned, but I feel that intimacy should be between a man and woman in the context of marriage. I can tell you from experience that there is great joy and safety in the experience of intimacy in committed relationship. I know that my parents would rather have me honest about my thoughts and feelings compared to their values, rather then pretending and them finding out later. I would encourage you to talk to your parents or an adult that you trust to help with that conversation.
Original post by anonymous
i have been with my boyfriend for 11 days now and i have been keeping it a secret from my family as they are very strict. Today i was out with a group of friends and after that, i met with my boyfriend and we went out to eat. After that, he walked me home and when we were on my street we lipsed and said goodbye but while we were lipsing my dad's car came from the other street and i think he saw. After a long night of him arguing with me, he said there's something he needs to tell me the next day. I think he is going to confront me about kissing my bf and idk what to tell him because he doesn't want me to get into a relationship until university. I'm currently in year 12. Please help with an excuse i could say for kissing him.

sound of da police
OP are you OK ? what happened with your Dad ? :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest